WeatherCat > WeatherCat iOS Clients

iOS Client unable to connect after weak WiFi

<< < (2/4) > >>

Blicj11:
Good work, jennajon. The IP address of your Mac will be different depending on whether you connect to the network via wireless or ethernet cable. The correct IP address has to be included in Port Forwarding.

David:
My internal network is static, and I still have this issue.

--- Quote from: jennajon on June 02, 2018, 02:05:46 PM ---UPDATE:  IP address of MAC changed, once that was updated in port forwarding--connected to ddns with no further issues.  [woohoo]
Consider this entry SOLVED!!!!!! ThU5:-)

--- End quote ---

David:

--- Quote from: ColdnFrosty on May 27, 2018, 03:00:29 AM ---Similar situation here. Although I can't confirm that it has anything to do with W-Fi.

--- End quote ---

I no longer believe it has anything to do with WiFi, it happens in any situation where I had previously connected to a different network (i.e. LAN or WWW). It?s takes over two minutes at times for WeatherCat to resolve that it can?t find my server before it allows me to choose the correct network/IP address.

The Grand Poohbah:

--- Quote from: David on June 08, 2018, 12:59:27 PM ---
--- Quote from: ColdnFrosty on May 27, 2018, 03:00:29 AM ---Similar situation here. Although I can't confirm that it has anything to do with W-Fi.

--- End quote ---

I no longer believe it has anything to do with WiFi, it happens in any situation where I had previously connected to a different network (i.e. LAN or WWW). It?s takes over two minutes at times for WeatherCat to resolve that it can?t find my server before it allows me to choose the correct network/IP address.

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately, that seemingly eternal delay when one is attempting to connect to a bogus WeatherCat 3 server is not under the control of WeatherCatRCP. If there is any error in the URL or the server is not set up properly, it can take many minutes before the bad connection is reported. The process occurs deep in the bowels of the iOS, so quitting WeatherCatRCP prematurely is unlikely to resolve things.

David:

--- Quote from: The Grand Poohbah on June 08, 2018, 08:17:37 PM ---Unfortunately, that seemingly eternal delay when one is attempting to connect to a bogus WeatherCat 3 server is not under the control of WeatherCatRCP. If there is any error in the URL or the server is not set up properly, it can take many minutes before the bad connection is reported. The process occurs deep in the bowels of the iOS, so quitting WeatherCatRCP prematurely is unlikely to resolve things.

--- End quote ---

Is is possible to give users the option to select our server before the connection attempt initiates? This really cripples the use of the app whenever I switch networks. ~ Hopeful

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version