Author Topic: WeatherCat Wiki  (Read 4403 times)

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Strong Breeze
WeatherCat Wiki
« on: April 15, 2012, 10:33:49 AM »
A wiki intended to document WeatherCat is now running at:
wiki.trixology.com

It's very early days at the moment, there's virtually nothing there, but the wiki is an ongoing project to document WeatherCat with the intention of creating a useful resource for WeatherCat users.

It is a community wiki and as such anybody can add and edit content.

If you see a subject you think you can contribute to, or a subject area missing you think you could add, please register for an account on the wiki then add or edit the content.

Note: You'll need to confirm your email by replying to the wiki registration email before you can modify content - this is an anti-spam measure.

Thank you,
Your Friendly Admin.

jace

• Storm
    • DW9675
    • ISuffolk62
    • Yoxford weather site.
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2, with Mac USB Data Logger. 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook, with 8 GB 1033 MHz DDR3 Memory, running Mac OSX Version 10.10.1 (Yosimite).
Re: WeatherCat Wiki
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 10:58:51 AM »
Registered !  [computer]

JC

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Example of stuff that can go into the Wiki (Re: WeatherCat Wiki)
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 11:14:44 PM »
Howdy Stu, JC, and WeatherCat fans,  [cat]

Thanks Stu for putting up a Wiki once more.  [tup]

It is a very good place to put modest-sized bits of information that folks would like easy access to, but doesn't really make sense as dedicated documentation and is awkward as a forum entry.

I just put back my tutorial on converting a photo into a background for the active banner generator: http://wiki.trixology.com/index.php/Photo_to_active_banner_tutorial.

If you can think of other tutorials like this, put 'em up!!  [computer]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 04:41:18 PM »
Excellent, thanks Edouard  [tup]

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
  • Developer of WeatherCat for iOS, tvOS, and watchOS
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 01:00:56 AM »
I've added instructions on how to set up Port Forwarding on the Netgear N600 (aka WNDR3700v2). It's in the "WeatherCat Clients - Accessing from the Internet" section.

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
  • Developer of WeatherCat for iOS, tvOS, and watchOS
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 08:30:51 PM »
I added a Wiki section on "Accessing from the Internet - Server Setup" under WeatherCat Clients.

Please feel free to improve the instructions and to add instructions for other routers.

--grand

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 09:00:33 PM »
Nice work  [tup]

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Cat challenge not working? (Re: WeatherCat Wiki)
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 10:24:45 PM »
Dear WeatherCat Wiki users,

I ran into a problem trying to save my latest Wiki entry because a few feature that Stu's Ninja Cats seem to have added  [cat]

I had an external link and now you are asked to "select all the cats" in a group of pictures to prevent spammers from adding Wiki entries.  While the goal is laudable and allright this is WeatherCat after all . . . . still there is a problem.

There should be some sort of a button to press after you've selected all the cats.  However, there isn't and so you can't complete the saving of the page.  In my case, I could delete the external link (just a link to the Growl website) and now the page is saved, but that could be impediment to other Wiki entries.  Stu, could you do that management thing and get your felines to figure out what's amiss here? 

Obviously no rush . . . . .  :)

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

P.S. I tried Firefox and Safari . . . same result.

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2012, 11:00:33 PM »
Sorry Edouard, the default for addurl was true - have set this to false now; you shouldn't be bothered by it any more.

Drop me an email if you have further problems.

Cheers,
Stu.

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
Thanks Stu! - working fine now! (Re: WeatherCat Wiki)
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2012, 09:06:33 PM »
Howdy Stu and WeatherCat fans,  [cat]

Sorry Edouard, the default for addurl was true - have set this to false now; you shouldn't be bothered by it any more.

I just added the link to the Growl website and yes indeed everything is working fine now!

Thanks Stu!!  [tup]

cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]