Author Topic: WeatherCat 2.42 is Running on my Mac (Sierra) but data old & station not found  (Read 1450 times)

pocantico

• Calm
    • CW5407
    • KNYPLEAS15
  • Station Details: Vantage Vue (Weatherlink IP), MacBook Pro
I can tell that WC is active but get message that my station can't be found. I have been using an IP finder program in the past and this problem was resolved but doesn't resolve now. This happened a couple of days ago when after a restart WeatberCat was nowhere to be found on my mac, only weathercat client. I went to website and downloaded WC again with no good result Please advise Tx

Felix

• Gale
  • Station Details: Davis VP-2 Plus, FARS, WeatherLink IP. Sharx cams.
Weatheraardvark, note that Pocantico's profile indicates he's using Weatherlink IP. That's on page 21 of the current manual.

I use the free LanScan to find network cameras, Davis Instrument equipment, etc. and resolve IPs. IP Scanner Pro works quite well too but it's not free. I'd recycle the console, remove batteries for a half hour or so and unplug the DC cord if you're using it. And check the ethernet cable from the Weatherlink module, going so far as trying another one if you have extras around. Last, recycle your computer.

If you've already tried all those tricks, and you've reinstalled WC to no avail, I'm about out of quick ideas. Also, update your profile to indicate the versions of macOS, WC and console firmware please to help some of the tech geniuses here on the forum.

Weatheraardvark

• Gale
  • I hear tornado sirens, lets go climb on the roof
    • C0005
    • KIADESMI1
    • Des Moines Weather and Climate
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 Plus, Fars, Extra sensors
Davis VP2 Plus; 24h  FARS; Extra Temp Humid sensor (2); Extra Temp Station (2);;Weatherlink IP;USB; MAC Ventura 13.3

; https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddablePage/show/8a7585dd06404bde81d5229b09f84ebb/summary

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Additional resources (Re: station not found )
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 09:47:04 PM »
Dear pocantico, Felix, Weatheraardvark, and WeatherCat troubleshooters,

I can tell that WC is active but get message that my station can't be found. I have been using an IP finder program in the past and this problem was resolved but doesn't resolve now. This happened a couple of days ago when after a restart WeatberCat was nowhere to be found on my mac, only weathercat client. I went to website and downloaded WC again with no good result Please advise Tx

From your posting it appears that you were able to connect to your WeatherLinkIP in the past - is that correct or have you changed to a WeatherLinkIP logger and that's when your problems started?  Is there anything you have changed in your local area network.  If you having a problem connecting to your data logger, the most likely explanation is a recent change.

You'll find on the WeatherCat Wiki additional information on how to setup a WeatherLinkIP data logger:

http://wiki.trixology.com/index.php?title=How_to_setup_the_Davis_WeatherLinkIP%E2%84%A2_data_logger

Also, there is another local area network scanner called Angry IP Scanner:

http://angryip.org/download/#mac

It is a free download but does require Java to be installed.

I hope that some help in getting your station reconnected to WeatherCat.  Let us know what you discover.

Cheers, Edouard