WeatherCat > WeatherCat Feature Requests

New Feature Request: PurpleAir Air Quality Sensor

<< < (2/3) > >>

elagache:
Dear Tom and WeatherCat seekers of clean air,

--- Quote from: schwab on November 12, 2017, 12:16:25 PM ---Here is the info you will need that was received from a Purple Air
--- End quote ---

Thanks for doing the legwork!  [tup]  Their implementation is interesting in that it is (as I suspected) going to their own servers to get the data.  That means that not only WeatherCat could make queries like this but any of the more sophisticated web templates like Saratoga, Leuven-Template, or Meteotemplate could also put this data directly on their websites.  If you are using any of these templates (or even if you aren't,) you might try lobbying these developers and see what comes up.  They might be able to add this more quickly that Stu can do this for WeatherCat directly.

Cheers, Edouard

pbeaudet:
I am also installing the PurpleAir sensor at my location. [interesting]

David:
I am running Purple Air as well.

Weatheraardvark:
Weatherdisplay has a routine for gathering the data,  you might see how Brian did his.

crawdad62:
Just curious if PurpleAir integration is still a possibility? I just purchased a unit this week. There is some rumbling that WU will be able to access and show PurpleAir data. And as mentioned Weather Display has this feature so there has to be a fairly (?) straightforward way if accessing data.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version