Author Topic: Hello from Glenwood, WA. U.S.A.  (Read 2818 times)

glenwood

• Gentle Breeze
    • DW7759
    • KWAGLENW2
    • Glenwood Washington Weather
  • Station Details: macOS Monterey 12.6.8 Davis Vantage Pro2: WeatherCat
Hello from Glenwood, WA. U.S.A.
« on: July 25, 2012, 10:36:03 PM »
Now that my new mac is reading my weather station I will take the time to say hello. 
I am very much an amateur when it comes to computers and weather, but I enjoy both.
Glenwood is a very small community in the state of Washington near Mt. Adams. 

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Welcome!! (Re: Hello from Glenwood, WA. U.S.A.)
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 10:48:50 PM »
Dear glenwood and welcome!!

Now that my new mac is reading my weather station I will take the time to say hello. 
I am very much an amateur when it comes to computers and weather, but I enjoy both.

Glad everything is up and running and that your cat is doing that it is supposed to!!  [cat]

Glenwood is a very small community in the state of Washington near Mt. Adams.

Oh, so you live near a volcano that's a "cousin" to Mount St. Helens?  Amazing what you can learn from Wikipedia.  Here is the Mount Adams, Washington article for everyone else.

I spent 6 months working at Amazon in Seattle, but found myself a little too alone and came back to California.  Definitely beautiful country once you get out of the big cities.

Do feel free to tell us a little more about your location and weather station setup.  Photos of your weather station are especially appreciated!!

Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself and once again Welcome!!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
Re: Hello from Glenwood, WA. U.S.A.
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 12:38:49 AM »
Hello, and welcome to the WeatherCat forum!

I see that you are using Davis' WeatherLink software according to your profile. Are you going to test WeatherCat? It is available as a free download for something like 30 days. Many of us started with WeatherLink and quickly became frustrated with the limitations. WeatherCat (the product available from this forum's owner) Weather Display, and WeatherSnoop are about the only currently supported options available for the Mac. WeatherSnoop is also available as a free download. WeatherD for Mac is undergoing another round of development. A few of us have tried it, and most opt for either Cat or Snoop. I think Tornado Tim is the only member here currently using WeatherD.

And be sure to join us over on the MacWeather forum for general Mac related weather discussion. It was the support forum for the predecessor of WeatherCat until this forum was created. Now it is slowly transitioning into a general discussion forum for Mac weather stuff.

Glad you found us,
Steve
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

glenwood

• Gentle Breeze
    • DW7759
    • KWAGLENW2
    • Glenwood Washington Weather
  • Station Details: macOS Monterey 12.6.8 Davis Vantage Pro2: WeatherCat
Re: Hello from Glenwood, WA. U.S.A.
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 01:48:09 AM »
Thanks for the welcome.
I went back and clarified my profile.
I am using WeatherCat.
I first started out with an Ambient and WeatherSnoop.
The rain gauge never worked accurately, but after two years I decided I enjoyed the weather station enough to splurge on a Davis.
That is when I found out about LWC.
I haven't had any problems for a year.
But my old mac just quit, so I had to move the weather machine over to my OSX Lion. 
That was when I found out about WeatherCat. 

Thanks again for the welcome.
The closest weather forum in my area is Hood River, Oregon.  It is run by a great guy and if you feel like saying hello on the chat, please do. 
http://hoodriverweather.info/