Weather > Observations

Harvey (and it ain't no rabbit)

<< < (5/5)

elagache:
Dear TechnoMonkey, X-Air, Blick, and WeatherCat faithful,

I'm sure glad to see you made it one piece and managed to get back the forum!  :)

--- Quote from: TechnoMonkey on September 05, 2017, 01:28:19 AM ---Alive and well. House survived, but trees and shingles did not. No power yet. Probably a week or so out. Minimal Internet and phone.
--- End quote ---

You have plenty of things to do, but when you get a chance - what happened to your weather station?

Cheers, Edouard

TechnoMonkey:
The 6 inch light pole, to which it was mounted, snapped. The wind and rain broke when the pole went down. Got spare equipment, but still waiting on power and Internet. All I have is generator and smart phone for now.  And smartphone service is intermittent at best.

Blicj11:
I ran on generator power for 2 weeks after Katrina. Miserable in the heat. Hang in there.

elagache:
Dear TechnoMonkey, Blick and WeatherCat station caregivers,

--- Quote from: TechnoMonkey on September 06, 2017, 01:39:08 AM ---The 6 inch light pole, to which it was mounted, snapped. The wind and rain broke when the pole went down.
--- End quote ---

I didn't think it could have survived that sort of a storm but I was curious to know what happened.

--- Quote from: TechnoMonkey on September 06, 2017, 01:39:08 AM ---Got spare equipment, but still waiting on power and Internet.
--- End quote ---

I'm glad you have replacement parts for your station since I assume it has been long discontinued.

--- Quote from: TechnoMonkey on September 06, 2017, 01:39:08 AM ---All I have is generator and smart phone for now.  And smartphone service is intermittent at best.
--- End quote ---

Hang in there!  Surely the worst has passed and you'll be able to soon put your life back together again!

Cheers, Edouard

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version