Author Topic: 0900z Reset Option  (Read 3804 times)

embayweather

• Strong Breeze
    • DW3656
    • lENGLAND128
    • Lancastrian Imaging
  • Station Details: Oregon WM928, Intel Mac 2.5Ghz, I5 Quad core, Met Office spec manual instruments, Cat, WD, 1-wire, Labjack, Lightning Radar
0900z Reset Option
« on: February 17, 2012, 09:17:30 PM »
I know I have harped on about this before, but I would so like to be able to have everything reset at 0900 to fit in with climatological station reporting. Perhaps it is only important to me, but just a suggestion .

Best wishes

Mike

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
Re: 0900z Reset Option
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 10:25:17 PM »
Hi Mike,
Tell me more. Would this be for everything or only rain?

We can do rain measured 9am to 9am. with the tags (i.e. STAT$RAIN:TOTAL:TODAYSINCE9$), but are you talking about a global option that makes the meteorological day start at 9, so all daily min/max/average etc would be calculated from 9 in the morning and apply to everything? How does that work with things like monthly reports or graphs that plot things like daily averages?

Cheers,
Stu.

embayweather

• Strong Breeze
    • DW3656
    • lENGLAND128
    • Lancastrian Imaging
  • Station Details: Oregon WM928, Intel Mac 2.5Ghz, I5 Quad core, Met Office spec manual instruments, Cat, WD, 1-wire, Labjack, Lightning Radar
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 12:07:41 PM »
Met Office Climate stations, COl and lots of others use the 0900 z - 0900 z timeline to work out temp max and min , rainfall, gust etc, following advice in the Observers handbook. I try and follow the advice in there. I believe that our friends down under also use the same system. perhaps HairyMcLeary can confirm that. Not sure about the guys in the US though. It has been a Met Office standard for decades. Perhaps it is not a great thing,just be a lot easier for comparisons again my manual instruments here. It is in effect a global reset. It does cause some problems at end of month sometimes but rarely. It is understood that the 0900z refers to the previous day in terms of weather but is recorded against that day for statistical purposes. There are some guidance on that if you would like me to send it on.
If it is easy to do fair enough but if it is not it will not stop me using the program.

Best wishes

Mike

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 10:49:59 AM »
Sorry I missed this yesterday Mike, but yes, please send along any info you've got and I'll add it to the things to look at list.

Cheers,
Stu.

embayweather

• Strong Breeze
    • DW3656
    • lENGLAND128
    • Lancastrian Imaging
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 09:08:11 AM »
Sorry for the delay in sending these on. Had to buy a new scanner to work with the new Mac, Ho hum. Pages are from the Observers handbook from the Met Office. A mine of useful information on weather observing. Hope they help.

Best wishes

Mike

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 08:16:52 PM »
Thanks Mike, got 'em.

Cheers,
Stu.