Author Topic: Install and Run on Synology NAS?  (Read 1507 times)

N8NOE

• Strong Breeze
    • N8NOE-WX
    • KMIWATER7
    • N8NOE's Home Page (WX Link of Front )
  • Station Details: OSX Mountain Lion Server, WMR968
Install and Run on Synology NAS?
« on: July 17, 2017, 11:41:14 AM »
Hey All.. Been using WeatherCat some time and Have now gotten a Synology NAS in here and getting away from DROBO's.
Is there a way to install WC on something like this? And have USB see the Weather Station? Anyone Ever TRY?
Jeff-N8NOE

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
WeatherCat not designed for this. (Re: Install and Run on Synology NAS?)
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 09:47:07 PM »
Dear Jeff and WeatherCat fans of abundant storage,

Hey All.. Been using WeatherCat some time and Have now gotten a Synology NAS in here and getting away from DROBO's.
Is there a way to install WC on something like this? And have USB see the Weather Station? Anyone Ever TRY?

This is interesting technology and could be useful for many things, but I don't think you can use it directly with WeatherCat.  WeatherCat is software fine-tuned for the Mac.  It certainly won't run on anything else.  Also at the moment, there isn't an easy way to change where files are stored.  I suppose you could try symbolic links, but it is definitely a rough approach.   Feel free to tinker and see what you discover, but I suspect you will be "goin' about it da' hard way!"

Do let us know what you discover though.

Cheers, Edouard