Author Topic: Scenes of Spring 2017 captured by the WeatherCat community.  (Read 9552 times)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Scenes of Spring 2017 captured by the WeatherCat community.
« on: February 02, 2017, 11:29:56 PM »
Dear WeatherCat users who cannot wait for Spring to come,

Today is groundhog day and you might have heard the bad news that Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow - meaning another 6 weeks of winter.

Nonetheless, obviously these 3 plum trees didn't get that memo:

The two pink trees are the same ones I posted earlier.  As you can see the white tree is also blooming enthusiastically, so like it or not - as far as these trees are concerned - Spring is here!

As before, the line of plum trees across the street from these blooming trees still don't have any signs of life.  So the whole situation is rather puzzling.  Still,we can enjoy it as a preview of the return of Spring we all look forward to!  [sun2]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

P.S. If you look just a bit to the right of the white plum tree, you'll see the trunk of a birch tree that has snapped off after about 4 feet.  So the storm damage is almost everywhere you look.

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Drowned Daffodils (Re: Scenes of Spring 2017)
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 11:35:51 PM »
Dear WeatherCat seekers of Spring,

Spring is attempting to sprung in Northern California, but it is being drowned in the attempt.  I took this photo of our small Daffodils this afternoon:

At the moment, Spring displays aren't coping very well with all the rain and breaks in the weather are expected to be few for the next week.

Oh well, . . . . Edouard

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
CA Spring gone before Spring! (Re: Scenes of Spring 2017)
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 10:33:46 PM »
Dear WeatherCat observers of the seasons turning,

The last rain was only 4 days ago, but the sunny weather is causing many plants to grow with great vigor.  The early blooming trees are already losing their blossoms and are starting to get their leaves.  There are Apple trees and others that bloom later in the season, but they are much less numerous.  I did manage to capture this tree next to little creek that I've featured earlier:

I know the equinox isn't for another 10 days, but I might be already have photographed my last scene of Spring.

So who's next!

JohnDoe1983

• Gentle Breeze
    • iquebecq10
  • Station Details: Vantage Vue, WMW200A, WMR86A
Re: Scenes of Spring 2017 captured by the WeatherCat community.
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 03:13:25 PM »
Lucky you.

Here is what I got yesterday.  Will be a long time before i can see any flowers.

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
Thanks for sharing (Re: Scenes of Spring 2017)
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 10:26:26 PM »
Dear John and WeatherCat "higher latitudes" types

Here is what I got yesterday.  Will be a long time before i can see any flowers.

Thanks for sharing even if it might have been better to post this photo in our thread of scenes of winter.

When you do get those flowers please do post a picture or two.  By then arid California will most likely have no more flowers and that will make your garden a welcome break from the dried grasses that dominate our summer.

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
CA Poppies for the Equinox! (Re: Scenes of Spring 2017)
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 09:45:57 PM »
Dear WeatherCat observers of the shanging seasons,

With the Spring Equinox about 12 hours away, what better way for a Californian to mark it's arrival than with some California Poppies!

Unfortunately, California Poppies don't have the sort of leaf structure that allows them to outgrow grasses.  So this will not be a particularly good season for them.  Nonetheless, they are showing more determination than I expected given that the grasses had a serious head start.

Enjoy and for those for whom Spring seems way off - hang it there!  [tup]  Spring will most certainly come to you in time.

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 01:08:55 PM »
Seems like spring has found us here in the deepest Alps now, too!  :)

Reinhard

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2017, 03:28:03 PM »
This is what Spring looks like here in Northern Utah. We received 3 inches of snow yesterday and the forecast calls for an additional 3 inches tomorrow, but today is gorgeous.
Blick

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2017, 06:24:39 PM »
Looks very cool, Blick!   [snow]
Reinhard

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
Thanks for sharing and keep da' faith! (Re: Scenes of Spring 2017)
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2017, 09:48:51 PM »
Dear Reinhard, Blick and WeatherCat observers of the changing seasons,

Seems like spring has found us here in the deepest Alps now, too!  :)

Beautiful!  Thanks for sharing!

This is what Spring looks like here in Northern Utah. We received 3 inches of snow yesterday and the forecast calls for an additional 3 inches tomorrow, but today is gorgeous.

We are probably getting the rain that will become snow for you tomorrow, but keep the faith!  The green will return to your neck of the woods also and with all that precipitation it should be really beautiful in the way we normally associate with Spring!

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
Easter lilies in the rain. (Re: Scenes of Spring 2017)
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2017, 11:26:13 PM »
Dear WeatherCat observers of the changing seasons,

Rain on Easter is probably not that uncommon in many parts of the world.  In California on the other hand it is unusual.  Nonetheless this very wet 2016-17 rainy season continued the trend even on Easter.  Here are some Easter Calla Lilies in the rain:

Here is some California Poppies and other flowers also getting wet:

It isn't a large storm.  We've picked up just 0.18" (4.6mm) thus far and we should get a bit more.  Still it is enough so I still haven't had to start watering and that's water saved for the summer.  Two more storms are expected through mid-week so the plants can benefit from natural watering just a little bit longer.

P.S. It is mid-April, haven't some of you other folks got some pretty flowers to photograph?

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2017, 04:02:35 PM »
Lovely photos, mate. We are down to 2 feet of snow here so no flowers yet. Rain the forecast today, followed by some snow overnight, but winter is definitely retreating here.
Blick

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2017, 08:53:31 PM »
Proof that I went outside on Earth Day. Spring is coming.
Blick

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
The downside of milder weather (Re: Scenes of Spring 2017)
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2017, 11:15:51 PM »
Dear Blick and WeatherCat watchers of the seasons turning.

Proof that I went outside on Earth Day. Spring is coming.

Neat picture!

While I didn't take any pictures, I was busy in the yard.  I mowed for the first time since last year.  I had to change the oil in my mower as well.  The rains hit so fast last year that I didn't have a chance to make that usual "last mow" and change the oil!

It doesn't look like you'll be needing to trim things outside for a while still!

Cheers, Edouard

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
Irises in bloom. (Re: Scenes of Spring 2017).
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2017, 11:43:25 PM »
Dear WeatherCat lovers of beautiful scenery,

A house in the neighborhood has some Irises that come out every spring.  I didn't have my DSLR, just my iPhone, but that was good enough for this picture:

These days almost everyone has a smart-phone, so what's your excuse for not snapping a glimpse of Spring in your corner of the world?

Who's next!