Author Topic: Year End sale on Sharx Security wireless IR cameras on Amazon  (Read 3478 times)

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
Year End sale on Sharx Security wireless IR cameras on Amazon
« on: November 09, 2016, 12:02:18 AM »
http://amzn.to/2fAOs66 That's half what we paid for the two we bought three years ago, We just bought two more with Amazon points we'd saved up.

New higher end cameras coming from them next year, with better imaging, motorized pan-tilt-zoom, better IR, etc. But priced in the $600-$5000 price range...
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Thanks for the pointer! (Re: Year End sale on Sharx Security cameras)
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 10:06:23 PM »
Dear Steve and WeatherCat technology bargain-hunters,

Year End sale on Sharx Security wireless IR cameras on Amazon

Thanks for the pointer!  I'll have to give this one some thought.

Cheers, Edouard

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
Re: Year End sale on Sharx Security wireless IR cameras on Amazon
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 11:51:05 PM »
Highly recommend this model, brand and company. Since they come from Sharx, you can probably order from them instead of Amazon. Sharx shoild get a bit more profit that way. ;)
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 04:29:16 AM »
Highly recommend this model, brand and company. Since they come from Sharx, you can probably order from them instead of Amazon. Sharx shoild get a bit more profit that way. ;)

No, actually it was Sharx Security who told me about the Amazon offer when I contacted them about upcoming models, preproduction sales (like I got previously, and firmware updates. The same camera on the Sharx Security store is $289.99. They recommended buying through Amazon for their best pricing. You are still buying directly from Sharx Security. It is just that you are using Amazon for the storefront.

Sure, Sharx would get $89 more profit buying direct from their store. I didn't want to spend $178 more, but you're more than welcome to donate to them if you want. ;)
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 08:16:28 AM »
I had the same experience with Sharx. They referred me to Amazon to buy a camera for less. Which reminds me, my camera recently died on me. It was out of warranty and well past the free 90-day support period. I sent Sharx an email anyway, asking them if there was anything they could recommend I do to revive the camera. They quickly replied by sending me a firmware upgrade for the camera with detailed instructions on how to install it. It took several email exchanges with them but they  talked me through getting the camera back up and running. That is first class tech support from a classy company. I'll do business with them again.
Blick

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2016, 02:14:49 PM »
...actually it was Sharx Security who told me about the Amazon offer
OK, I erer. I'm pretty sure I bought mine direct from Sharx Security. Even the images at Amazon are from their neighborhood! Not sure about the business relationship between Amazon and Sharx Security. Obviously, the actual camera is from China, but so are most other 'brands'. Sharx Security was the only one of several companies I talked to who had native, English language support. By all means, follow their advice and buy through Amazon. I probably let my concerns about Amazon and their effect on brick and mortar stores cloud my thinking.

Completely agree about the camera and Sharx Security.

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2016, 03:30:48 PM »
Along with the two new cameras, I needed to update the firmware on my existing two cameras. Both are three years old, and one is a pre-release model. In the course of the conversation with Sharx, I'd mentioned that my IR lamps were pretty dim any more, and did they have or know of an auxiliary IR lamp they could recommend. I'd bought three a few years back that lasted less than a year, so I was leery of taking a shot in the dark again. They are sending me two replacement IR rings at no cost. On three year old cameras!

So, the update goes wrong, and my camera isn't functioning. After a few emails, they took over trying to fit it using my no-ip address and my username/login. They were able to downgrade back to the previous firmware, but still no joy. They were still working on it last night at 10:30 in Derry, NH. Still not fixed, but they have a couple things for me to try.

My two new cameras arrived minutes ago, and I'm going to swap one of them with the dead camera. Then I'll go through the diagnosis they suggested. If that all fails, I can send it in and they'll swap it for a newer model that they've used for demos that is already at the latest firmware. or they'll send me new internal boards to swap out in my existing camera.

When I'm ready for another new camera, you can be sure I'll be buying it from Sharx Security!
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2016, 07:18:27 PM »
my IR lamps were pretty dim ... I was leery of taking a shot in the dark

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2016, 12:20:31 AM »
my IR lamps were pretty dim ... I was leery of taking a shot in the dark

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2016, 12:00:05 AM »
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA