Author Topic: Need help with Banner Generator  (Read 1508 times)

TrajoMarx

• Calm
  • Too old to rock n roll, too young to die...
    • D0941
    • KRIWOON6
    • Woonsocket Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2
Need help with Banner Generator
« on: October 10, 2016, 05:22:21 PM »
Hi,

I haven't been able to figure out a solution to this problem. 
I created a banner months ago.  "NA" shows up under each of my items.  I can drag the item away and then right-click the NA to delete it.  However, it shows up again.  I've tried this several times to delete the NA. 

Thanks,

Traj

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
New one on me . . . ??? (Re: Need help with Banner Generator)
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 11:53:33 PM »
Dear Traj and WeatherCat troubleshooters,

I haven't been able to figure out a solution to this problem. 
I created a banner months ago.  "NA" shows up under each of my items.  I can drag the item away and then right-click the NA to delete it.  However, it shows up again.  I've tried this several times to delete the NA.

Hmm, that's definitely a strange one.  What sort of weather station are you connected to with WeatherCat?  The only way I can imagine getting a NA would be to request a data field that your station cannot provide (say solar radiation on a station without such a sensor.)  You wouldn't have something like that going on?

You might need some help from WeatherCat technical support on this one.

Cheers, Edouard

P.S. Just to be safe.  Which version of WeatherCat are you running, on  Which version of MacOS, on what Mac model?

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
Re: Need help with Banner Generator
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 12:49:15 AM »
Hi Trajo
 Have you tried to quit WeatherCat then go to your (home folder - Library folder - WeatherCatData - Banner Generator - and delete the Banner Generator Settings.plist)
Then empty the trash and shut down your computer not restart because of cache and restart it and redo you WC banner all over again?
Hope this helps
cheers
 [cheers1]

TrajoMarx

• Calm
  • Too old to rock n roll, too young to die...
    • D0941
    • KRIWOON6
    • Woonsocket Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2
Re: Need help with Banner Generator
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 02:22:07 PM »
My apologies to you both for not responding sooner.  Some events occurred which took precedence and I just realized I never followed up.
I took Randall75's advice and it seems to have cleared up the problem.  I appreciate you both for your assistance.

Regards,

Trajo