Author Topic: 2.0 request: multiple graphs with same date range?  (Read 2459 times)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
2.0 request: multiple graphs with same date range?
« on: February 25, 2012, 06:05:27 PM »
Dear WeatherCat fans,

I've got a serious complaint!! .  With so much good stuff to display . . . . I'm running out of display real estate!!  >:(

I was shuffling my windows around to try to accommodate the two new tool windows: WeatherCat Status and Today when I was reminded of something I thought I would toss out as a suggestion for a later version of WeatherCat (2.0-ish.)

I've gotten into the habit of displaying the graphs for the "essential" weather phenomena in a "stacked view" so that I can line up the different parameters for the same day.  See the attachment for an example.  That way I can compare how the changing weather effects things like temperature, barometric pressure, wind speed, rainfall and so on.  Effectively, you get a snapshot of what a storm is doing across those different weather metrics.

However, if you try to do this "by hand" you cannot get things to line up properly.  Some graphs have multiple scales.  Also doing all this by hand is hardly perfect.

So the suggestion is to be able to construct multiple custom graphs within the same window where the date ranges would be guaranteed to line up across the graphs.  I personally would like to be able to display this as a web page graph for the same reasons.  What do folks think?

So I toss this out as a somewhat "half-baked" idea that perhaps needs some further conceptual refinement before it even is worth considering for future inclusion in WeatherCat. 

Any suggestions for making it even "more better?"

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Tornado Tim

• Strong Breeze
    • Matangi Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 with Solar and WLIP Datalogger (via VVP)
Re: 2.0 request: multiple graphs with same date range?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 01:55:00 AM »
I second that :)

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
Re: 2.0 request: multiple graphs with same date range?
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 10:28:00 AM »
Thanks chaps, added to the todo list.

Cheers,
Stu.