Author Topic: App suggestion  (Read 1507 times)

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
App suggestion
« on: April 10, 2018, 11:57:09 PM »
The "Additional Files List" is great for getting seldom changing pages updated. However, as far as I know, there is no way to set a particular time during the day to have WC parse it and (usually) upload something. If there is a way to do this already, please remind me where that info is.

My only thought is to place a file, with the WC tags desired, and use a LaunchDaemon to put in in the WeatherCatCustomWeb directory for the same amount of time set in the "Update "Web Pages Every" setting.

I'm thinking of this as useful for large files like the MOVIE$ and DAILY_MOVIE$ tags. There's in uploading those every 1, 2, 5, or even 30 minutes, although the longer times would certainly cut down on the overall server load. But I'd like to have the new movie uploaded as soon as it's made, not twenty minutes into the next hour or worse. Currently, I am assuming that the 'clock starts' on an Additional File when it is first added to the plist for those settings. If that is true and I want something to be parsed/uploaded at 5 minutes past the hour, I should create the path, set the (repeat time) and press the "OK" button at 5 past the hour. Being able to set the start time and the duration would stop the need for a human (or my well trained cat) from having to press the button at the roughly exact time. A boon to all lazy folks... [rolleyes2] [blush]
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Have'ta wait for da' Boss! (Re: App suggestion)
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 10:04:31 PM »
Dear X-Air and WeatherCat "feature-o-holics,"

The "Additional Files List" is great for getting seldom changing pages updated. However, as far as I know, there is no way to set a particular time during the day to have WC parse it and (usually) upload something. If there is a way to do this already, please remind me where that info is.

I don't know how to do this with WeatherCat, so indeed you'll have to wait to see what "da' Boss" thinks about the idea.

A boon to all lazy folks... [rolleyes2] [blush]

[wink] . . . . Us lazy folks!?!?  I don't know about that!  Ya' know, I might have sleep on that one! . . .  [bed] . . . . .  lol(1)

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]