Author Topic: Hello from Airlie Beach, Australia  (Read 2657 times)

Riegers

• Gentle Breeze
    • EW5478
    • IQUEENSL484
  • Station Details: Davis Weather 6163AU Vantage Pro 2 Plus Fan Aspirated
Hello from Airlie Beach, Australia
« on: July 30, 2014, 10:05:35 AM »
Just popping in to say hello to all you weather buffs out there, I too have wanted a weather station for a long long time.   

Finally we purchased a Davis Weather 6163AU Vantage Pro 2 Plus Fan Aspirated and just love it.  [woohoo]

Kind regards,
The Rieger's

Felix

• Gale
  • Station Details: Davis VP-2 Plus, FARS, WeatherLink IP. Sharx cams.
Re: Hello from Airlie Beach, Australia
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 10:42:52 AM »
@ "I too have wanted a weather station for a long long time."

I certainly know that "itch" and the desire to scratch it. When I retired, I finally took the plunge and set up a well-designed/well-sited station after having relatively inexpensive units for years as life in government service had me moving frequently. My next milestone is to set up a weather website which I'm going to start on as soon as the next version of the Mac OS (Yosemite) is released and is proven to be compatible with WeatherCat V2.x and one of the major templet sets. Since I have no programming experience, that seemed to be an insurmountable task but after being on this forum for awhile and seeing how friendly and helpful the members are, I'm going to take the plunge. In fact, I've already secured the domain.

Anyway, welcome aboard the forum. I'm sure you'll be as impressed as I've been. It's great to be among weather buffs running first-class software designed from the ground up for Macs.

Bull Winkus

• Storm
    • EW0095
    • KARHORSE2
    • WU for Horseshoe Bend, Arkansas
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless Vantage Pro 2, iMac 24"
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 03:07:13 PM »
Welcome Riegers! Us WeatherCatters are an elite group of weather watchers, mostly due to the high calibre software we use, but we are a friendly bunch. Stick around and join the conversations. From the lofty to the mundane we sometimes cover it all. Need help with something? We all do from time to time. So, feel free to ask. There's a lot of combined experience with both WeatherCat and Davis hardware. Someone has probably already had the same problem and solved it.

Welcome!
 [cheers1]
Herb

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 03:28:50 PM »
Welcome aboard Riegers. I followed this forum for quite a while before I actually joined and it has been delightful. I tried other software first so when I gave WeatherCat a trial spin I recognized it was full of great tools and lots of fun. But what really makes it special are the other WeatherCatters around the world. They are a helpful and friendly bunch. I have never been to Australia, but it is on the top of my wife's bucket list.
Blick

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 08:49:28 PM »
Welcome!
Reinhard

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Welcome! (Re: Hello from Airlie Beach, Australia)
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 10:41:49 PM »
By all means welcome!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]