WeatherCat > WeatherCat General Discussion

Time on console (Davis VP1 wired)

(1/2) > >>

faymondo:
Had to unplug my David Vantage Pro 1 wired console this morning.

All back up and running now but any idea how I can get the time on the console to pick up from my connected computer and weathercat 2 software ?

xairbusdriver:

--- Quote ---how I can get the time on the console to pick up from my connected computer and weathercat 2 software
--- End quote ---
I'm probably confused, [rolleyes2] but...

1. Are you saying that the Console has reverted to all default settings? Have you replaced the three batteries lately? They should last for a couple of days even after being disconnected from AC power.
2. Are you talking about setting the time in the Console? That's on page 12 of my Console manual.

I'm under the impression that the only thing the computer does is take the info on the data logger. I don't think the Console receives any data from the computer or WC. The Console receives data from the Station and displays it and sends it to whatever is connected to its output (including another Console).

If I have misunderstood your question (my wife says that is one of faults!), hopefully a real expert will be around shortly to help. ThU32:-)

Blicj11:
faymondo:

In WeatherCat, select Tools | Station Hardware Options. Check the box titled Synchronize station clock. This will synchronize the time on your console to your computer daily at quarter past midnight.

xairbusdriver:
Oops! I read the wrong Manual! First mistake of the hour! [blush]

Thanks, Blicj!

So, WC actually can control (some of) the Console! ThU32:-)

elagache:
Dear faymondo, X-Air, Blick, and WeatherCat fans,

--- Quote from: Blicj11 on September 07, 2018, 04:42:41 PM ---In WeatherCat, select Tools | Station Hardware Options. Check the box titled Synchronize station clock. This will synchronize the time on your console to your computer daily at quarter past midnight.

--- End quote ---

Blick's advice is 100% correct!  :)  I double-checked the WeatherCat manual just to be sure that it would also set the clock on Vantage Pro-1 models.  There is no distinction made in the manual.  You can look it up for yourself starting on page 70 of the current manual.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version