Author Topic: Steel Gauges  (Read 222574 times)

mcrossley

• Gale
  • Sorry, I'm not a WeatherCat user!
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 + home brew
Re: Steel Gauges
« Reply #285 on: August 01, 2015, 11:06:14 PM »
Hi Blick, I'm currently away on vacation so I can't directly answer your question about the colours - replying from my phone - I'll come back to this sometime w/c 10th August, if I forget please poke me a reminder towards the end of that week.

Edit: sorry, blomin' spell checker on the phone changed your name to Block!
Mark

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #286 on: August 02, 2015, 04:09:17 PM »
Reinhard & Randy (or anyone else who uses custom graphs):

What is the relationship between the settings you enter in WC on a custom graph for the Web Width and Web Height and the pixels you set in the gauges-ss.css file for width and height?

I have been experimenting with custom graphs. So far, I know that if you just adjust the gauges-ss.css file, it appears to just stretch out the custom graph and it looks bad. Reinhard, your popup graphs look great. What did you adjust to get the size allocated correctly?

Thanks.
Blick

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #287 on: August 03, 2015, 07:41:05 AM »
Hallo Blick,

it is easy to adjust the size correctly:
First take a look at WC and adjust the output of the graph to (in my case) 600 x 250 px.
Second go to gauges-ss.css and find .tipimg and set it to the same size as you have chosen in WC.
You are done!

Cheers,
Reinhard

Reinhard

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #288 on: August 04, 2015, 09:02:20 AM »
Thanks Reinhard. I have now switched all of my popup graphs over to custom graphs. The custom graphs are much easier to read than the defaults.
Blick

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #289 on: August 17, 2015, 01:06:39 AM »
Mark:

Hope you enjoyed your holiday. This is just a reminder to have a look at this:

http://athena.trixology.com/index.php?topic=576.msg15885#msg15885

Thanks.
Blick

mcrossley

• Gale
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
« Reply #290 on: August 17, 2015, 05:13:06 PM »

In previous versions of the SteelSeries Gauges, there was a windrose.js file where one could change the colour of the windrose gradient. In the 2.5x releases this file is no longer part of the setup. I looked at your FAQ and it still refers to the windrose.js file. Where is the setting for wind rose plot colours?

OK, that one is fairly easy, windrose.js has been replaced with RGraph.rose.js (actually the supplied demo pages use the minimised version RGraph.rose.min.js).

All the default colour definitions are defined in the this.properties object near the top of the file. Note these are what RGraph uses by default.
Code: [Select]
            'chart.colors':                 ['rgba(255,0,0,0.5)', 'rgba(255,255,0,0.5)', 'rgba(0,255,255,0.5)', 'rgb(0,255,0)', 'gray', 'blue', 'rgb(255,128,255)','green', 'pink', 'gray', 'aqua'],

Now you could edit that file and re-minimise it, but it is a standard distribution, so it is better to over-ride the defaults in gauges.js, which is what I have done.

So if you look in singleRose.update() at line 2121 onwards you will see I define a three point colour gradient for the chart plot at line 2137...

Code: [Select]
                        rose.Set('chart.colors', ['Gradient(#408040:red:#7070A0)']);
So that sets the min. value colur to to 0x408040 (darkish green), mid point red (0xff0000), and max. value 0x7070A0 (darkish purple)

I think it is those colours you are after?

You could set a solid colour in there if you wanted, or a two point gradient.

I'll reply to the second question separately.

PS: The holiday was great - plenty of surfing/body boarding on Fistral beach, Cornwall.
Mark

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #291 on: August 17, 2015, 06:01:32 PM »
Terrific. Thanks for the explanation.

Is there a similar override for the gradient colours used in the rainfall gauge? I notice that gauge starts in green and goes to yellow, but there does not appear to be a third colour in the gradient. I have searched through the gauges.js file but am a wee bit confused about the rainfall gauge gradient colour controls.
Blick

mcrossley

• Gale
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
« Reply #292 on: August 17, 2015, 10:34:45 PM »
Terrific. Thanks for the explanation.

Is there a similar override for the gradient colours used in the rainfall gauge? I notice that gauge starts in green and goes to yellow, but there does not appear to be a third colour in the gradient. I have searched through the gauges.js file but am a wee bit confused about the rainfall gauge gradient colour controls.
The rainfall rate and rainfall total 'stepped' colours (not enabled by default) are defined in createRainRateSections (line 3089) and createRainfallSections (line 3112).

The continuous gradient colours for rainfall are defined in createRainfallGradient (line 3143), the full range of colours will be displayed from 0 - 100 mm, or 0 - 4 inches. You may want to 'tweak' those values.
Mark

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #293 on: August 18, 2015, 09:07:10 AM »
Again, thanks for the instruction. I would not have figured that out. I have tweaked the Rainfall Gradient values and now need to wait for a storm to see if I did it correctly.
Blick

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #294 on: September 12, 2015, 08:10:36 PM »
Hi Mark,
how about to add an additional temp sensor to the Temp-gauge?

*out*
*in*
*additional* (if turned on, user can give it a unique name in the script)

Possible?

Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #295 on: September 16, 2015, 06:51:35 AM »
The rainfall rate and rainfall total 'stepped' colours (not enabled by default) are defined in createRainRateSections (line 3089) and createRainfallSections (line 3112).

The continuous gradient colours for rainfall are defined in createRainfallGradient (line 3143), the full range of colours will be displayed from 0 - 100 mm, or 0 - 4 inches. You may want to 'tweak' those values.

Mark:

Thanks for explaining this. I tweaked my settings per your explanation and have been waiting for a storm to test my changes. We received that storm today and as you can see from the attached screenshot, it works great and I have updated the Wiki entry accordingly. Thanks mate.
Blick

Michel

• Gentle Breeze
    • MichelsWunderland
  • Station Details: WH3080 - See website for details
« Reply #296 on: September 17, 2015, 05:42:08 PM »
Hello all !

I'm new to WeatherCat and bringing the data to the web and ran
into some difficulties with  the realtimegaugesWC.txt file.

In short, the gauges don't get updated.
I had a look at the browser's (Safari) error console and found
it throws a 404 when trying to access realtimegaugesWC.txt

In fact the file is where it should be, the problem seems to be
that it gets called with a parameter appended to the URL, ie.
http://michelswunderland.de/weather/realtimegaugesWC.txt?_=1234567890

The number included with the param is being incremented by 1 with each
attempt to read the file (every n seconds)...
Calling the file manually w/o the ?_=1234... appendix works just fine...

Since I'm no expert regarding JS ... can somebody please point out to me
- whether this param is actually needed for something (useful)
- whether this param can be omitted when calling the file
- where (in which script/function/line) the param is being appended to the URL

Thanks for your insights !

Michel

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #297 on: September 17, 2015, 06:01:27 PM »
Michel:

First, welcome to WeatherCat!

Your realtimegaugesWC.txt file needs to be located in whatever directory you have identified in WeatherCat Preferences | On-Line | Custom Web as your Set HTML Source.

WeatherCat will process that version and place the updated file with current data included in whatever directory you specified in WeatherCat Preferences | On-Line | Custom Web as your Set Save Path.

Then, your FTP settings in WeatherCat Preferences | On-Line | Custom Web should be uploading from the Set Save Path to your specified website upload location.

Good luck.
Blick

Michel

• Gentle Breeze
    • MichelsWunderland
  • Station Details: WH3080 - See website for details
« Reply #298 on: September 17, 2015, 06:20:33 PM »
Blick,

thanks for your hints.

But the problem seems to be the webserver which is misinterpreting the param to be passed to a text file.
The file is in the right place, I'm quite sure it is.

Safari's error console says "404" - but if one calls the file manually without the "?_=1234565..." appendix, it shows up perfectly.

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #299 on: September 17, 2015, 06:31:44 PM »
Michel, can you do two things?
  • Edit your WeatherCat profile and remove the long URL you have posted under station details. The URL is too long and it covers up some of your post so it is difficult to read. You can put your website URL in the profile field "Website URL".
  • Post the URL to your Steel Gauges so that we can see what the gauges look like online. That may help us diagnose what is happening.
Blick