Author Topic: Hello From Scotland  (Read 3902 times)

Alastair

• Calm
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Vue. MacBook Pro / Imac High Sierra
Hello From Scotland
« on: February 26, 2018, 04:25:17 PM »
Hi All,
I have the Davis Vantage Vue and data logger for mac on order - this will be my first steps into weather watching (other than following generalised weather forecasts on the TV and / or looking out the window and guessing what the local weather will do next).
My home computers and tablets  are all Mac devices and running the latest versions of IOS or High Sierra. While waiting for my kit to arrive I have been reading the forums and now know there are compatability issues with High Sierra. I'll post my questions directly into the appropriate forums.
Regards ... Alastair

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
Re: Hello From Scotland
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 04:33:38 PM »
Hello Alastair,
welcome to the forum! I am running HighSierra latest version and WeatherCat V3 public beta and cannot complain about any issues.
Cheers,
Reinhard

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 05:07:45 PM »
Welcome to the forum Alistair! As Reinhard says, the latest release of WC 3 beta is a 64-bit app that is High Sierra compatible.

In other news, great win for Scotland in Six Nations last weekend!
Blick

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Welcome Alistair! (Re: Hello From Scotland)
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 11:26:26 PM »
Dear Alistair, Reinhard, Blick, and WeatherCat welcome wagon, . . . . .

By all means!  Welcome Alistair to the WeatherCat forum!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Alastair

• Calm
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 09:20:57 AM »
Hello Alastair,
welcome to the forum! I am running HighSierra latest version and WeatherCat V3 public beta and cannot complain about any issues.
Cheers,
Thanks Reinhard, great to know you are up and running on High Sierra. One question though, and I expect the answer will be yes, were you running WC prior to upgrading your OS? From my research, it seems the driver issue only ocurrs with newbies like me who are installing WC (or more correctly, the Silicon Labs driver) for the first time in High Sierra. Then the new security 'features' of HS kick in to block the driver. Hmmm...!

Alastair

• Calm
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2018, 10:04:41 AM »
Welcome to the forum Alistair! As Reinhard says, the latest release of WC 3 beta is a 64-bit app that is High Sierra compatible.

In other news, great win for Scotland in Six Nations last weekend!
Hi Blick,
Thanks for the welcome. Yes, the rugby last weekend was superb.For a small country like Scotland, winning anything always feels good, but beating both England and France on consecutive weekends is a real morale booster for this proud nation.
Regards ... Alastair

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2018, 01:53:44 PM »
Welcome AboaRd, Alastair! Always great to have some input from the other side of the Pond! Hope you've avoided too much of the snow apparently coming from the east!
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

Alastair

• Calm
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2018, 03:39:22 PM »
Hi xairbusdriver,
Thanks for the welcome.
Not much snow so far today in my north west corner of the UK. England though has had a few snowflakes fall on London and the south east - and it's headline news. Must be a snow news day!
Regards ... Alastair