Author Topic: Weather Underground Online settings.  (Read 8222 times)

svEngineer

• Calm
    • ITASMANI61
  • Station Details: La Crosse WS2355
Re: Weather Underground Online settings.
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2018, 06:53:39 AM »
I am unable to get weathercat and wunderground to communicate, status is "running" but reports sent = 0  . However a newly set up weathercloud account is working fine.  has anyone else been able to solve this connection problem?

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: Weather Underground Online settings.
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2018, 06:45:09 PM »
svEngineer:

First, welcome to the WeatherCat Forum.

Second, it will be very helpful to the rest of us if we had enough information about your setup to comment. What version of WeatherCat are you using and what version of macOS?

Third, Wunderground is in a sad, long, downward death spiral and almost all of the recent communication problems are on their end. They are under new ownership and management and I suspect have terminated the employment of all of the people who knew what they were doing.

Fourth, having said all that, many people are reporting that communications are now much improved over a few months ago, so don't despair. Tell us what your setup is and we'll see if someone here can help you.
Blick

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Too complex a password? (Re: Weather Underground Online settings.)
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2018, 11:21:26 PM »
Dear svEngineer, Blick, and WeatherCat troubleshooters,

Let me also welcome you the WeatherCat forum!

I am unable to get weathercat and wunderground to communicate, status is "running" but reports sent = 0  . However a newly set up weathercloud account is working fine.  has anyone else been able to solve this connection problem?

Blick has given you the overview of what we need to troubleshoot your problem.  However, there is one possible cause that is relatively easy to check and fix.  As far as I know, Weather Underground still requires very simple passwords with only letters and numbers.  If you use a a more complex password, this sort of error occurs.  Could you double-check your Weather Underground password and if it is too complex, try a simpler one?

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]