Author Topic: Question for WeatherCat translators - trying to localize the AppleScripts.  (Read 3067 times)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Dear Barzi, Reinhard, and Federico,

I've got my two temperature alert trigger AppleScripts: WC Temperature Falling and WC Temperature Rising at least tentatively set up to support multiple languages.  I even made a feeble attempt to localize them in French with Google's help (apologies in advance to Barzi!  :-[)  Now I'm trying to move on to WC Web Data Uploader and I have a silly question: are the entries for WeatherCat's console log also translated or do you'all leave that in "Golly Good, Eh What" English?

The way these scripts are presently written it would be actually easier for me to provide the log entries in the localized language.  However, I'll try to be consistent with what is commonly done.

Thanks in advance for your help!!  [tup]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
Hi Edouard,
here on my side I can say that all strings that Stu gave to me are translated in German. So if I open the Logfile in WeatherCat's Tools menu most of the output here is translated - most. There are some strings in English here, indeed.
Hope this helps,
Reinhard

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Thanks Reinhard! (Re: Question for WeatherCat translators)
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 04:48:42 PM »
Hi Reinhard and WeatherCat AppleScript fans,

here on my side I can say that all strings that Stu gave to me are translated in German. So if I open the Logfile in WeatherCat's Tools menu most of the output here is translated - most. There are some strings in English here, indeed.

Thanks, that tells me what I wanted to know.  [tup]  I would have expected some of the old UNIX activity to be untranslated.  However, indeed even the log files are supposed to be localized.  So that makes my life easier, everything that my scripts generate will be in strings that are to be translated - even the log file entries.  Otherwise I would end up having to have two languages around.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]