Author Topic: Non Davis guys, can you disable data collection while doing maintenance?  (Read 1917 times)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Dear WeatherCat station owners who aren't part of the Davis club,

Whenever you do cleaning or maintenance on your station there is a risk of screwing up the data (especially causing an accidental rain gauge bucket tip.)

I've always used the simple and straightforward technique of handling everything - very carefully - but not disabling the data sensors.

On Davis stations there are at least two ways to disable the sensors so that you don't accidentally get bad data.  However, I personally don't know of any other weather station has some way to avoid receiving bad data.  Keith has suggested unplugging the cables from the sensors into the outdoor transmitter.  However lots of stations don't give you access to this.

It would be useful to know if you'all outside the Davis club have any way to deal with this problem or if you've got only the - very careful - strategy for maintenance.

If anyone could volunteer some info, I'll add it to the maintenance checklist.

Thanks in advance!  [tup]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]