Author Topic: WeatherCat RCP Custom Graph display issues  (Read 2950 times)

VanVue2019

• Calm
  • Station Details: Vantage Vue, Weatherlink IP, iMac 2013
WeatherCat RCP Custom Graph display issues
« on: January 11, 2019, 02:14:29 AM »
I'm using WeatherCat 3.0.3 Build 8 and WeatherCat RCP 1.1 and having some issues displaying Custom Graphs on the iOS Client.

In the iOS Client, when I display a Custom Graph that plots a single value, the graph is properly displayed (scaled to fit my iPhone 8 Plus display). I have attached a couple of examples.

When I display a Custom Graph that plot multiple values (the attached example plots 3 values), the graph is cropped on the right end.

Does anyone have any guidance about what I can do to fix this or is it a known issue?

Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Terry

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: WeatherCat RCP Custom Graph display issues
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 06:59:05 PM »
Terry:

First, welcome to the WeatherCat Forum.

! assume those graphs display fine in WeatherCat itself. I have several multiple variable custom graphs and they all display properly on my Xs so I'm not sure what's happening there. We'll have to wait for Grand to chime in on this one.

Sorry I'm no help but want to welcome you aboard the forum.
Blick

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
  • Developer of WeatherCat for iOS, tvOS, and watchOS
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 07:20:07 PM »
My 3-value custom displays without any cropping. I'm not aware of any previous reports of a cropping problem with custom graphs.

Terry, is your WeatherCat server accessible over the Internet? If you can give me your URL, I'll take a look at the graph. You can send me the URL in a message if you want to keep it private.

VanVue2019

• Calm
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 08:55:43 PM »
Thanks for your quick response.

Unfortunately my WeatherCat server is only accessible via a VPN connection.

I have two different 3-value custom graphs that both crop the same way via the iOS client (I've attached the other one).

All the custom graphs display perfectly via WeatherCat on my Mac (Sierra 10.12.6) and I love all of the other WeatherCat features (I tried several other offerings before settling on WeatherCat).

I'm able to make do by building multiple single value custom graphs that cover the same data but I was puzzled by the cropping of the multi-value graphs on the iOS client.

Any thoughts on how I might adjust the settings the WeatherCat server for the custom graphs to affect how they are drawn on the iOS client?

Thanks,
Terry

VanVue2019

• Calm
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 08:58:51 PM »
BTW, I'm using WeatherCat RCP on my iPhone 8 Plus with the latest firmware (v12.1.2 build 16C104).

Thanks,
Terry

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
  • Developer of WeatherCat for iOS, tvOS, and watchOS
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 09:10:32 PM »
Does changing the Custom Graph options on the Options page have any effect on the cropping?

VanVue2019

• Calm
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 09:14:23 PM »
Ok, now I'm feeling a bit stupid. On closer inspection, it looks like the data is not cropped on the multi-value graphs but instead compressed in the horizontal to fit the display area.

The legends at the bottom of the display are cropped so maybe that was what fooled me into thinking the whole graph was cropped.

Sorry if I caused some confusion.

Terry