WeatherCat > iOS Client Help

WC servers hung on verifying

(1/3) > >>

jennajon:
I have used the same address at ddns.net for a LONG TIME....and as of today? Server status is hung at verifying and then fails with the "unable to verify server" message.
i also get a gateway address listed.
Checked the port forwarding settings and they are correct. Rebooted machine and restarted both WC and WC Client.

On wireless and local? Instant connect.

I deleted the old ddns.net address and now have a new one....can get as far as connecting under server status.....and nothing more.  [banghead]

jenna

elagache:
Dear Jenna and WeatherCat troubleshooters,

--- Quote from: jennajon on April 07, 2019, 10:02:29 PM ---I have used the same jjmweather.ddns.net for a LONG TIME....and as of today? Server status is hung at verifying and then fails with the "unable to verify server" message.
Checked the port forwarding settings and they are correct. Rebooted machine and restarted both WC and WC Client.

--- End quote ---

I had a strange set of experiences that strongly suggest to me that the problem is at ddns.net.  Since I was on my Mac, I tried first trying to connect to jjmweather.ddns.net using the Mac client (WeatherCatClient.)  I was able to successfully connect to your weather station.  The temperature was about 10 degrees cooler than here in California and you had restarted WeatherCat later than I had this morning so the comms count was lower.

I switched to my iPhone running WeatherCatRCP - ran into exactly the same problem you describe.

I tried my iPad using WeatherCatPad - diito.

So I went back to WeatherCatClient on my Mac and - this time could not connect either.  I attempted to run a trace route and could not resolve the host.

ddns.net has a server that is supposed to supply the IP address so that you can reach your Mac.  That server is having some sort of problem.  Without an IP address, none of the WeatherCat clients can work.  I was lucky enough to catch the server working for a brief moment before something failed once more.

So this is a case were either you can grumble and wait for the problem to be fixed or you could try to contact ddns.net and see what they have to say.  I would put it in the 98% likelihood that no adjustments to your WeatherCat software are necessary.

Sorry, but such are da' conditions that prevail . . . . . .

Cheers, Edouard

jennajon:
Edouard:

Many thanks...but I believe it is something more than that.
I set up jjmweather.dynu.net and got the same issues...hangs at verifying.  If i attempt again? Shows as "connecting" but nothing more.
Eventually fails with the message could not be located, but the WCC shows I am connected on port 49250 as expected. *Screen shot attached*
Also verified open port at dynu.net and it shows as open. I also went to 67.241.137.145:49250 and boom there was the info.

[banghead] [banghead]
I am at a complete LOSS as to what is going on...... [goofy]

--- Quote from: elagache on April 07, 2019, 11:08:40 PM ---Dear Jenna and WeatherCat troubleshooters,

--- Quote from: jennajon on April 07, 2019, 10:02:29 PM ---I have used the same jjmweather.ddns.net for a LONG TIME....and as of today? Server status is hung at verifying and then fails with the "unable to verify server" message.

--- End quote ---

I had a strange set of experiences that strongly suggest to me that the problem is at ddns.net.  Since I was on my Mac, I tried first trying to connect to jjmweather.ddns.net using the Mac client (WeatherCatClient.)  I was able to successfully connect to your weather station.  The temperature was about 10 degrees cooler than here in California and you had restarted WeatherCat later than I had this morning so the comms count was lower.

I switched to my iPhone running WeatherCatRCP - ran into exactly the same problem you describe.

I tried my iPad using WeatherCatPad - diito.

So I went back to WeatherCatClient on my Mac and - this time could not connect either.  I attempted to run a trace route and could not resolve the host.

ddns.net has a server that is supposed to supply the IP address so that you can reach your Mac.  That server is having some sort of problem.  Without an IP address, none of the WeatherCat clients can work.  I was lucky enough to catch the server working for a brief moment before something failed once more.

So this is a case were either you can grumble and wait for the problem to be fixed or you could try to contact ddns.net and see what they have to say.  I would put it in the 98% likelihood that no adjustments to your WeatherCat software are necessary.

Sorry, but such are da' conditions that prevail . . . . . .

Cheers, Edouard

--- End quote ---

elagache:
Dear Jenna and WeatherCat iOS troubleshooters,

--- Quote from: jennajon on April 08, 2019, 10:03:56 AM ---Many thanks...but I believe it is something more than that.
I set up jjmweather.dynu.net and got the same issues...hangs at verifying.  If i attempt again? Shows as "connecting" but nothing more.
Eventually fails with the message could not be located, but the WCC shows I am connected on port 49250 as expected. *Screen shot attached*
Also verified open port at dynu.net and it shows as open. I also went to 67.241.137.145:49250 and boom there was the info.

[banghead] [banghead]
I am at a complete LOSS as to what is going on...... [goofy]
--- End quote ---

I assume you are having these problems with WeatherCatRCP.  I'm observing exactly the same behavior you are seeing.  At this point we'll need Grand to take a look and see if he can understand what the problem is.  As a further complication, at least I wasn't able to get any variant of the IP address to work with my installation of WeatherCatRCP.  If you can make that work still, you could use the IP address as a temporary replacement for the address until Grand can chime in and take a look at what is going on.

Sorry I cannot be of more help.

Edouard

jennajon:
Edouard and WCer's with similar issues:

Yes, it is WeatherCatRCP. And I agree wholeheartedly. I will wait patiently and attempt different fixes from time to time.
If I stumble upon anything, will post update here.

I attempted the IP address in the server information, but alas, no soap.

Do not be sorry...things happen. I wish I knew more to help out myself!

Jenna with a newly fallen 4 inches of snow this morning!!! [snow]
It is official, I am sick of Winter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version