Author Topic: Issue with WC 2.44  (Read 1855 times)

N8NOE

• Strong Breeze
    • N8NOE-WX
    • KMIWATER7
    • N8NOE's Home Page (WX Link of Front )
  • Station Details: OSX Mountain Lion Server, WMR968
Issue with WC 2.44
« on: March 10, 2019, 04:25:22 PM »
As of 6 Days ago something happened to my Install of WC 2.44 that has been running great and left alone.
I'm in Nevada now and only remote access to it.
But will not Connect ot CWOP or WeatherUndergound. I also had to fix my Weather page itself.
So looking for WHY it may not want to connect or send data to 2 sites?..
Jeff-N8NOE

N8NOE

• Strong Breeze
    • N8NOE-WX
    • KMIWATER7
Re: Issue with WC 2.44
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 07:25:59 PM »
OK, Tried replacing PLIST files still no luck..

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Tough to debug remotely - system.log files? (Re: Issue with WC 2.44)
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2019, 10:08:02 PM »
Dear Jeff and WeatherCat troubleshooters,

As of 6 Days ago something happened to my Install of WC 2.44 that has been running great and left alone.
I'm in Nevada now and only remote access to it.
But will not Connect ot CWOP or WeatherUndergound. I also had to fix my Weather page itself.
So looking for WHY it may not want to connect or send data to 2 sites?..

Unfortunately, I cannot think of any process that can happen spontaneously to produce the behavior you are observing.  There aren't any secondary preference files related to Weather Underground or CWOP.  So replacing the WeatherCat preference file should have fixed a corrupted file.  The only thing I can think of given your position is go through the log files to see if WeatherCat is reporting an error that explains the behavior.  Check the system.log file for the most complete log information.

Edouard

N8NOE

• Strong Breeze
    • N8NOE-WX
    • KMIWATER7
Re: Issue with WC 2.44
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2019, 10:17:47 PM »
THANKS!.. I'll try but remote is deadly slow even with ARD.. DID find PLIST files and that didn't fix it, now the Webpage is messed again.. And Yes 2000 miles from home make this hard..lol Seems Everything rungs forever when i'm there but leave for a month and it all breaks loose.. BIG reason I don't update is first not sure my mini OS will run it, and out here working to get a new job. LOTS going on and Really the first issue I'd think I had with the sftware. HATE to try a reinstall from here also..
THANKS AGAIN@!..
Jeff-N8NOE

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
How did you fix web the first time? (Re: Issue with WC 2.44)
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2019, 09:03:23 PM »
Dear Jeff and WeatherCat troubleshooters,

THANKS!.. I'll try but remote is deadly slow even with ARD.. DID find PLIST files and that didn't fix it, now the Webpage is messed again..
. . . .

So how did you fix your web pages the first time?  If this has failed a second time, it could be a clue as to what is wrong with your computer.  Are there any indications of other problems?  The fact that everything is taking so long could be an indication of hard drive trouble.  Sorry to be melodramatic but I'm having a difficult time imagining how your computer could be behaving as it does.  As you say, you try to avoid software updates that could cause this sort of problem.  So your setup should be stable, and short of a hardware problem, essentially bulletproof.

Do let us know if you uncover anything while you troubleshoot remotely.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]