General Category > General Computing/Macintosh

macOS 10.13.5

<< < (3/5) > >>

cjp:

--- Quote from: Blicj11 on July 18, 2018, 03:19:28 PM ---Same here.

--- End quote ---

I, on the other hand, am having problems with MacOS 10.13.6 and Weathercat 2.4.4: Weathercat has frozen twice now.  Watchdog tries to restart, and I end up with two Weathercat icons in the taskbar, but no open windows; force quit indicates one active Weathercat "not responding".  I can kill it and restart, and it sticks again.  Kill it a second time and it restarts, opens the windows in "safe" mode, lets me shut down gracefully, at which point I can restart cleanly.   Other application running is Yummy FTP watcher (used to transfer images to (Wunderground), which also appears to be locking up.  Not sure which is cause and which is effect or if an interaction is the issue.  I will leave Weathercat running and Yummy off and see if Weathercat locks up on its own to try to answer that question.

Blicj11:
Welcome to the forum cjp. Not quite sure what is happening with you there, but WeatherCat 3 is a 64-bit application and has loads of improvements from 2.x.

cjp:
There is a new version?  Will investigate.  Thanks for the tip.  App said there is no new version.  Checked it carefully every time it restarted,  Probably an email in a junk folder somewhere...

elagache:
Dear cjp, Blick and WeatherCat troubleshooters,

Let me also welcome you to the WeatherCat forum!  :)

--- Quote from: cjp on July 18, 2018, 10:58:21 PM ---I, on the other hand, am having problems with MacOS 10.13.6 and Weathercat 2.4.4: Weathercat has frozen twice now. 
. . . .

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately, you are pressing your luck trying to continue with WeatherCat 2.x and the latest version of macOS.  WeatherCat 2.x is no longer being actively supported and macOS is changing rapidly.  I think you need to choose between WeatherCat 3 or rolling back to an older version of macOS.

WeatherCat 3 is a paid upgrade, but has a 30 day demo mode.  You can learn more about it at this description page on the Trixology website:

https://trixology.com/weathercat/

Cheers, Edouard

cjp:
So I upgraded last night to 3.0.1.  The new version also locked up under MacOS 10.3.6, running on its own.  Came to it this morning, and all the windows were gone, the icon was just the cat, not the temp, no network activity.  Force Quit and restarted.  Uploading historical right now, but I need some help here.  Where do I start?   Is there a log hiding somewhere I can ship someone?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version