Author Topic: howdy from Bob in New mexico  (Read 3456 times)

LTABOB

• Calm
    • KNMALBUQ497
  • Station Details: davis vantage vue , IMAC running 10.11.6
howdy from Bob in New mexico
« on: June 04, 2017, 12:42:45 PM »
my intro to weather came from flying hot air balloons but after man-years of flying( and aging) we've moved on. but the weather junkie in me is still active. I have a Vantage Due and an IMAC running 10.12and my task now is tossed data to Underground.I'm a network engineer  and my research brought me here. Haven't installed the software yet but wanted to ask what is the beltway to transfer the data to my macro send it to Wunderground? Just straight serial to USB ?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Bob

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
Re: howdy from Bob in New mexico
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 02:53:58 PM »
First, a big Welcome AboaRd, Bob! Your research is great; this is the place to get help!  [tup]

Secondly, if you use WeatherCat, you don't have to do any extra work/coding to send data to WU or several other places. It's built right into the app. You just need to enter your registration info for the sites you want to use (WU, CWOP, MetOffice, WeatherBug, Weather Cloud and PWS Weather). WU and CWOP have their own tab in the WeatherCat prefs->On-Line page. I'm assuming you already have an account at WU. You can even send a shirt (what else) message to Twitter through the app.
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Welcome to the WeatherCat forum! (Re: howdy from Bob in New mexico)
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 12:12:32 AM »
Dear Bob, X-Air and WeatherCat welcome wagon,

By all means welcome Bob to the WeatherCat forum!!

my intro to weather came from flying hot air balloons but after man-years of flying( and aging) we've moved on. but the weather junkie in me is still active.

We have a few aircraft pilots but you are our first hot air balloon pilot.  Certainly New Mexico is known as a good place to fly balloons.

X-Air has already given you a good start.  If you have any other questions - ask!

Once more, Welcome!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

LTABOB

• Calm
    • KNMALBUQ497
  • Station Details: davis vantage vue , IMAC running 10.11.6
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 04:08:01 AM »
Thanks  for the welcome
looking back at my intro just gotta love the IMAC auto complete. [lol2] I'll get weatherCat installed ( I am set up with WU) and let you know.
Again thanks [woohoo]

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 04:03:31 PM »
Welcome to the forum Bob. I wrecked a trailer on I-40 in eastern New Mexico. It was no fun. You'll have more fun with WeatherCat.
Blick

TechnoMonkey

• Strong Breeze
    • EW9323
    • KTXARANS6
    • TechnoMonkeys Weather
  • Station Details: La Crosse WS-2315 / High Sierra Server / Mac Mini 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5/ 8GB Ram / OS 120GB SSD / Home Folder 500GB FireWire / DATA 8TB RAID 5 / 1TB TIME CAPSULE
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 11:33:57 PM »
Howdy from Texas and welcome.

My brother lives in Albuquerque and I go visit him every few years or so to catch the balloon festival.

I thought it would be cool to go up in one before I saw several landings.  That looked to be no fun at all.

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 08:41:24 AM »
Welcome!
Reinhard