Author Topic: WeatherCat for the Apple Watch  (Read 22000 times)

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
  • Developer of WeatherCat for iOS, tvOS, and watchOS
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
WeatherCat on the Apple Watch displays a blank screen
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2017, 05:27:57 PM »
It's been reported that WeatherCat for the Apple Watch will sometimes display a blank screen even though WeatherCat on the iPhone is working properly. To correct this condition, kill and restart WeatherCat on the iPhone. Don't restart the iPhone, just WeatherCat. To kill and restart WeatherCat/iPhone, go to the iPhone Home screen, double-click the Home button, and swipe the WeatherCat screen image upward. Return to the Home screen and tap WeatherCat to restart it.

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: WeatherCat for the Apple Watch
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2017, 06:07:59 PM »
Thanks for the explanation, Grand. This was happening to me and after killing the app on the iPhone and restarting it, WeatherCat on the watch is back in business.
Blick

elderforester

• Gentle Breeze
    • DW0529
    • KCABELA1, KCALOSAN911
    • Fullscore
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro2, Mac Mini (2018), macOS 11.0.1 (Big Sur)
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2017, 10:59:43 PM »
I just left a review at the iTunes Store. Probably take a day or two to show up but thanks for suggesting! Thanks again for making it so easy to read and scroll through. Excellent!

It would seem the previous reviewer at the iTunes Store did not know to enter his weather station's URL into the app and assumed the displayed data (default trixology URL) was simply incorrect for his Watch.   [sleep] [runoff]

staze

• Strong Breeze
    • CW9669
    • KORSPRIN10
    • Everybody Staze...
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Vue, Weather Envoy, Meteobridge Nano SD, Mac Mini Server (2018)
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2017, 06:23:12 AM »
Came here just for the blank screen fix, thanks!

Random request: Any chance we could get a WC "Complication" for the watch faces?

Thanks!
"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?"

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
  • Developer of WeatherCat for iOS, tvOS, and watchOS
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2017, 06:34:15 PM »
Any chance we could get a WC "Complication" for the watch faces?

Good suggestion. I'll look into it.