Weather > Observations

Monthly reports for the Northern California 2014-15 rainy season.

(1/5) > >>

elagache:
Dear WeatherCat drought watchers,

For the northern hemisphere, we are moving into the autumn-winter wet season.  I decided to be a bit more systematic about reporting the rainfall at my weather station.  Here is the first report:

Comparison of observed rainfall at Canebas Weather station with seasonal averages for Orinda as reported by: idcide.com.    Two unusual storms in September resulted in receiving our normal monthly rainfall.  However, some rain is expected in July and August so for the 2014-2015 wet season we are already behind by our cumulative normal rainfall by over 25%. 

I will archive the images so that they can be compared as the months evolve and I'll try to post a new entry here around the first of each new month.

I certainly encourage anyone else to start up threads like this recording the climatic conditions around their station.  I would be interesting if we could follow each others weather on a month by month basis.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Blicj11:
Edouard:

What software are you using to produce your graph?

elagache:
Dear Blick and WeatherCat victims of da' ol' evil empire . . . .

--- Quote from: Blicj11 on October 01, 2014, 09:01:09 AM ---What software are you using to produce your graph?

--- End quote ---

Oh da' shame!!   How can I face my friends when I used Microshaft (un)Excel!!    It is part of Office 2011.

As much as I hate Excel it does have some very nice graphing options.  It is just extremely hard to use!  [banghead]

Blicj11:

--- Quote from: elagache on October 01, 2014, 10:00:57 PM ---How can I face my friends when I used Microshaft (un)Excel!!

--- End quote ---

Ha ha! I too am an Office for Mac junkie. I have tried twice to use Numbers and it's just not as powerful. I have converted to Pages for simple stuff, but complicated reports with footnotes are way simpler in Word.

I tried to re-create your graph with my data but can't quite figure out how you did it. Would you mind emailing (or PMing) me a copy of your spreadsheet? I like the layout.

elagache:
Dear Blick and WeatherCat drought watchers,

--- Quote from: Blicj11 on October 01, 2014, 10:40:35 PM ---I tried to re-create your graph with my data but can't quite figure out how you did it. Would you mind emailing (or PMing) me a copy of your spreadsheet? I like the layout.

--- End quote ---

Okay, I just sent it to you, but . . . . . . . .

;)  . . . . . . Remember!  You're askin' for it!!! . . . . . .

[lol2]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version