Author Topic: New Saratoga AJAX/PHP template plugin for WeatherCat under construction...  (Read 28609 times)

tigers

• Gentle Breeze
Todd, Ken - this is development how I like it  :)

Todd, I assume you're talking about the custom CGI? If so, if I can just spec the changes you want, they are:
1. Add daily high external temperature  (Fahrenheit)
2. Add time of daily high external temperature
3. Add daily low external temperature (Fahrenheit)
4. Add time of daily low temperature.
Let me know if this is OK.

Cheers,
Stu.

Well since you asked ;D

5. Daily High External Barometer (inhg)
6. Time of above
7. Daily Low External Barometer (inhg)
8. Time of above
9. High windspeed for the day
10. Time of above

Thanks Stu.
Ok Todd, I'll get them into the next release.

Cheers,
Stu.

Hi Todd,
I've made the changes we talked about, I've also added a few extras.

I've got it on test at:
http://www.trixology.com/live_weather/custom_cgi/watch_weather.php

I'm currently sending the data every 5 seconds (sadly the weather is pretty quiet here at the moment). All hi/lo times are sent as local.

[Edit: I wanted to add the 3 hour baro delta, but sadly ran out of time - maybe I'll get it in later in the week. I'm also going to drop the seconds from the high/low times]

Cheers,
Stu.

Looking good! I had my page almost set to go but decided to blow it up and take a approach to it. Looking forward to incorporating this new data!

saratogaWX

• Strong Breeze
  • Weather website programming enthusiast
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
  • Station Details: Davis VP1 +, iMAC 21, OSX 10.6.8
Hi Stu,

Any chance of releasing a build with the new features (t24s$, :24HRSAGO$, :DELTA24$ and ISO8601DATES$ ) enabled?
I'm finishing up the WCT-plugin + docs and need to test that they display as expected :)

I've added five custom pages to the template for WeatherCat users:

wxjournal.php - display the formatted Journal entries (with datestamps processed per Settings.php entries)
wxthismonth.php - display a formatted STMONTHLY$  (poor man's 'NOAA Style Climate Report')
wxyearoveryear.php - display a formatted STYEAROVERYEAR$ with translation ability
wxstationrecords.php - display the STRECORDS$
wxrecent.php - display the STRECENT$

See them in action (and the AJAX updates are working too) at
http://saratoga-weather.org/wxtemplates/Test/wxindex.php

I'm now finishing up the setup documentation for the WCT Settings-weather.php and WeatherCat preferences to make the templates work :)

Best regards,
Ken
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis Vantage Pro Plus - FARS, Boltek-PCI/NexStorm, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteohub, WeatherSnoop, WeatherCat
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
Nice work Ken [tup] I've just been having a look around all the pages - very nice!

Unfortunately I can't send you a build just at the moment - the one I've just put on-line needs to soak test for 24 hours. If it's still running when I get home from work tomorrow, I'll send you a build then. I'm aiming the next public release at this weekend.

Cheers,
Stu.

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
Todd, Ken - this is development how I like it  :)

Todd, I assume you're talking about the custom CGI? If so, if I can just spec the changes you want, they are:
Let me know if this is OK.

Cheers,
Stu.

Well since you asked ;D

5. Daily High External Barometer (inhg)
6. Time of above
7. Daily Low External Barometer (inhg)
8. Time of above
9. High windspeed for the day
10. Time of above

Thanks Stu.
Ok Todd, I'll get them into the next release.

Cheers,
Stu.

Hi Todd,
I've made the changes we talked about, I've also added a few extras.

I've got it on test at:
http://www.trixology.com/live_weather/custom_cgi/watch_weather.php

I'm currently sending the data every 5 seconds (sadly the weather is pretty quiet here at the moment). All hi/lo times are sent as local.

[Edit: I wanted to add the 3 hour baro delta, but sadly ran out of time - maybe I'll get it in later in the week. I'm also going to drop the seconds from the high/low times]

Cheers,
Stu.

Looking good! I had my page almost set to go but decided to blow it up and take a approach to it. Looking forward to incorporating this new data!

Thanks Todd.

Cheers,
Stu.

saratogaWX

• Strong Breeze
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Nice work Ken [tup] I've just been having a look around all the pages - very nice!

Unfortunately I can't send you a build just at the moment - the one I've just put on-line needs to soak test for 24 hours. If it's still running when I get home from work tomorrow, I'll send you a build then. I'm aiming the next public release at this weekend.

Cheers,
Stu.

Thanks Stu!

Glad you like the website features :)

I've now done the WeatherCat setup page (http://saratoga-weather.org/wxtemplates/setup-WCT.php ) using my setup as an example .. I'd appreciate any feedback on that page (I'm a MAC dabbler, so maybe I don't have the instructions quite understandable for MACmasters).
The companion Settings-weather.php instructions are at http://saratoga-weather.org/wxtemplates/Settings-weather-WCT.php

I've not yet packed up a WCT-plugin.zip for distribution, but will do that if the next WeatherCat beta release has the new tags working as expected.

Best regards,
Ken
Davis Vantage Pro Plus - FARS, Boltek-PCI/NexStorm, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteohub, WeatherSnoop, WeatherCat
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Looks nice . . . but . . . (Re: New AJAX/PHP template for WeatherCat)
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2012, 02:17:55 AM »
Hi Ken and WeatherCat fans,

Great Job!!  [tup]

Could you drive a few miles North and straighten out my WC Storm Monitor AppleScript?  [lol]

I confess to have had my nose to the grinding stone and not checked out your work at all.  So I am very impressed at having finally looked at your handywork . . . . .

;) Just one thing . . . . . Your disclaimer at the bottom is a bit troubling:

Never base important decisions on this or any weather information obtained from the Internet.

Well, if we can't use anything we learn from the Internet to inform our decisions . . . . what should we use?  The Zambretti Forecaster!?!??  ;D

These days, flipping a coin is starting to look . . . . scientific!!  :o

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
I'd appreciate any feedback on that page

I've just perused the instructions quickly. I'm somewhat familiar with your instruction method, having fiddled with your WeatherSnoop template a bit. One note that needs changed is:

Note: WeatherCat is the successor software to LWC (Lighthouse Weather Center) software

Lighthouse should be Lightsoft (I've done the same thing on a few occasions.)

Steve
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

saratogaWX

• Strong Breeze
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Re: Looks nice . . . but . . . (Re: New AJAX/PHP template for WeatherCat)
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2012, 06:05:52 AM »
Hi Ken and WeatherCat fans,

Great Job!!  [tup]

Could you drive a few miles North and straighten out my WC Storm Monitor AppleScript?  [lol]

I confess to have had my nose to the grinding stone and not checked out your work at all.  So I am very impressed at having finally looked at your handywork . . . . .

Thanks for the kind words Edouard   [computer]  [biggrin]

Sadly, I have no experience with AppleScript to assist you .. JavaScript, PHP, HTML, CSS - yes.

;) Just one thing . . . . . Your disclaimer at the bottom is a bit troubling:

Never base important decisions on this or any weather information obtained from the Internet.

Well, if we can't use anything we learn from the Internet to inform our decisions . . . . what should we use?  The Zambretti Forecaster!?!??  ;D

These days, flipping a coin is starting to look . . . . scientific!!  :o

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Ah.. the disclaimer is on all the pages (in the footer.php) and even translated to all the languages supported by the template sets -- Just a reminder that the website operator has no liability for personal decisions based on the data displayed.  We amateurs have to rely on the National weather service to be the authority (and accept the blame for bad forecasts)  [rainyluck]

I'd appreciate any feedback on that page

I've just perused the instructions quickly. I'm somewhat familiar with your instruction method, having fiddled with your WeatherSnoop template a bit. One note that needs changed is:

Note: WeatherCat is the successor software to LWC (Lighthouse Weather Center) software

Lighthouse should be Lightsoft (I've done the same thing on a few occasions.)

Steve
Thanks Steve .. I've changed the page to use Lightsoft.  I also added a bit of info for folks who already have WeatherCat configured to upload their own template pages so their existing website can chug along while the required WCTtags.php page is added to their regular uploads.

Best regards,
Ken

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
Looks fine to me Ken  [tup]

However, http://saratoga-weather.org/wxtemplates/Settings-weather-WCT.php returned a 404?

The build is still running so I'll be sending you a link to an interim download sometime over the next few hours.

Todd, I'm not sure I have your current email address? If you can send it to me, I'll get the link to you also.

Cheers,
Stu.

saratogaWX

• Strong Breeze
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Looks fine to me Ken  [tup]

However, http://saratoga-weather.org/wxtemplates/Settings-weather-WCT.php returned a 404?

The build is still running so I'll be sending you a link to an interim download sometime over the next few hours.

Todd, I'm not sure I have your current email address? If you can send it to me, I'll get the link to you also.

Cheers,
Stu.

D'Oh .. manually typing URLs is a tricky business.. the corrected URL for the Settings-weather.php settings is:

http://saratoga-weather.org/wxtemplates/Settings-config-WCT.php

Thanks,

Ken

nowait

• Strong Breeze
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Wireless (Heated) on a Snow Leopard Mac Mini
Ken,

How do I add my custom graphs to the list of graphs to display?
Do I add the new graphic file names and variable names to the wxgraphs.php or to the wctags.php, ??

Thanks

saratogaWX

• Strong Breeze
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Ken,

How do I add my custom graphs to the list of graphs to display?
Do I add the new graphic file names and variable names to the wxgraphs.php or to the wctags.php, ??

Thanks

For WeatherCat, you'll need to do both.

Add the custom tags to the WCTtags.php in your templates/ directory .. that will cause generation and upload of the graphic file then the $WX[] variable for the tag name will have the name of the graphic file created.

Then change wxgraphs.php in the WCT section to add your graphics using the stock graphics as examples.

Best regards,
Ken

nowait

• Strong Breeze
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Wireless (Heated) on a Snow Leopard Mac Mini
Is there anything else that needs to be changed?  I'm trying to figure out how the scripts will know what the actual file names of the graphics to load.

Maybe I'm thinking too hard :)

My test page is http://nowaitweather.com/wxgraphs_new.php

saratogaWX

• Strong Breeze
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Well, you've got the correct (I think) stuff in WCTtags.php template
Code: [Select]
GRALLDIALS|GRALLDIALS$|// Weather Station Console Gauges:|:
GRCUSTOM1|GRCUSTOM1$|// Custom Graph 1:|:
GRCUSTOM2|GRCUSTOM2$|// Custom Graph 2:|:
GRCUSTOM3|GRCUSTOM3$|// Custom Graph 3:|:
GRCUSTOM4|GRCUSTOM4$|// Custom Graph 4:|:
GRCUSTOM5|GRCUSTOM5$|// Custom Graph 5:|:
GRCUSTOM6|GRCUSTOM6$|// Custom Graph 6:|:

It looks like WeatherCat is ignoring those items as they are not coming out parsed (and so no graph file is generated)
I'm guessing that you have to configure WeatherCat custom graphs in the software for them to be produced with those tag names  :-\

HairyMcLeary

• Strong Breeze
    • DW5912
    • INORTHOT6
  • Station Details: LaCrosse WS2355, iMac 2.66 Ghz Core 2 Duo, 8 GB RAM, Mountain Lion
I have this working here;

http://www.oamaruweather.net.nz/wxgraphs.php

This is what I have in my WCTtags.php

CUSGR4|CUSTOMGRAPH$4$|// Custom graph 4 :|:
CUSGR7|CUSTOMGRAPH$7$|// Custom graph 7 :|:
CUSGR8|CUSTOMGRAPH$8$|// Custom graph 8 :|:
CUSGR1|CUSTOMGRAPH$1$|// Custom graph 1 :|:

I think you have the incorrect tag for custom graphs, it should be CUSTOMGRAPH$N$  N=the custom graph number.

Tony