Author Topic: Hi from Malaga, Spain  (Read 3417 times)

The Doctor

• Calm
  • Station Details: ClimeMET 2000
Hi from Malaga, Spain
« on: April 27, 2019, 11:31:21 AM »
Hi and greetings from Malaga, Spain,

I have a bit of a dilemma and would welcome any advice.  Trixology couldn't answer my query but suggested one of the gurus on here might be able to......I'll explain it as best I can....

I have had a ClimeMet CM2000 weather station for 10 or 12 years.  It was supplied with Easy Weather software for Windows which I quickly found was not to my liking so I changed to using Cumulus which met my modest needs perfectly (mainly historical comparisons). Over the last few years my household has gradually become a Mac stronghold with my Windows PC fighting an increasingly desperate rearguard action.  Last Autumn I finally gave in and went over to the Dark Side and got myself a shiny new 27" iMac.

Of course I then find that Cumulus isn't current anymore and in any case didn't do a Mac version so I reverted back to EasyWeather for Mac.  It didn't take long to be reminded of why I discontinued using it previously.  After some research I decided to try the Weathercat free trial.  Very impressive although I would never use the majority of it's features and had to cherry pick through the online manual to find what I did need.

So to the question....I'm about to purchase the licence but would like to know if it is possible to convert the years of historical Cumulus weather data files I've saved and import them into Weathercat or whether I'm back to year zero for my records?

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: Hi from Malaga, Spain
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 02:17:18 PM »
The Doctor:

Welcome to the WeatherCat Forum!

There are several threads on the forum about importing or converting historical data to WC. I will list a few, there are probably more, and I'm not sure if any of them will help you, but you can search them and see.
I hope this sheds some light or gives you a contact you can try.

In the meantime, I have two burning questions. Are you the real Doctor? If so, can I have a ride in the Tardis sometime after you are up and running on WeatherCat?
Blick

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Welcome! - which station driver do you use? (Re: Hi from Malaga, Spain)
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2019, 10:51:12 PM »
Dear Doctor, Blick, and WeatherCat welcome wagon, 

By all means!  Welcome to the WeatherCat Forum! . . . .

. . . .

I have had a ClimeMet CM2000 weather station for 10 or 12 years.

. . . .
After some research I decided to try the Weathercat free trial.  Very impressive although I would never use the majority of it's features and had to cherry pick through the online manual to find what I did need.

Sorry for my confusion but I have to ask.  I wasn't aware that WeatherCat supported ClimeMet CM2000.  Are you using WeatherCat with that station and if so which station driver are you using?

So to the question....I'm about to purchase the licence but would like to know if it is possible to convert the years of historical Cumulus weather data files I've saved and import them into Weathercat or whether I'm back to year zero for my records?

Even if you cannot immediately convert your data, another strategy is to simply be patient.  We have a diverse user-community, people do write conversion utilities from time to time.  In the meantime, you'll have all the benefits of WeatherCat.

Once more welcome!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

The Doctor

• Calm
  • Station Details: ClimeMET 2000
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2019, 07:43:05 AM »
Hi again, thanks for your quick responses.

In reply....

I'll check out the links re importing data once I've finished today's chores!

I'm not that Doctor (the one with the Tardis) but I'd give you a ride on the pillion of my Yamaha M1#46 around the Circuito de Jerez.

I haven't persuaded myself (and SWMBO) that investment in an all singing, all dancing Davis Vantage Vue station is a justifiable outlay so I make do with the ClimeMet 2000 which I set up with WeatherCat as a Fine Offset 1080 and it worked fine for the trial.

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2019, 03:46:33 PM »
I set up with WeatherCat as a Fine Offset 1080 and it worked fine for the trial.
Congratulations! It's great you can now use the best WX software around!! ThU32:-) And I'm sure SWMBO is only looking after your best interests (of whom she is certainly one)!

And please excuse me for not extending a big welcome to the best and friendliest WX forum around! ::)
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Thank you for the station info. (Re: Hi from Malaga, Spain)
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2019, 11:35:27 PM »
Dear Doctor, X-Air, and WeatherCat faithful,

I haven't persuaded myself (and SWMBO) that investment in an all singing, all dancing Davis Vantage Vue station is a justifiable outlay so I make do with the ClimeMet 2000 which I set up with WeatherCat as a Fine Offset 1080 and it worked fine for the trial.

Thank you for adding another station to the collection of Fine Offset stations!  I didn't recognize it as such.  I added this station to the list of compatible stations on the WeatherCat Wiki:

http://wiki.trixology.com/index.php?title=Fine_Offset

I'm not that Doctor (the one with the Tardis) but I'd give you a ride on the pillion of my Yamaha M1#46 around the Circuito de Jerez.

I'll take your word for it!  Motorcycles aren't my cup of tea.  I'm more the traditional American station wagon type.  Something of the story of our family heirloom 1965 Buick Special wagon can be found on this thread:

http://athena.trixology.com/index.php?topic=392.0

As part of restoration and modernization, she has been fitted with a 1968 Buick big-block engine with quite a few performance enhancements.  The engine displaces 7.3 liters and is capable of over 500 foot?pounds of torque (678 Newton?Meters) and around 500 horsepower!  Not too shabby for a 53 year old station wagon!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]