Author Topic: Using auxiliary channels; What is WeatherCat Controller  (Read 3587 times)

lakedog

• Gentle Breeze
    • DW4001, DW4184, D9315
    • KGAGAINE13, KGASAUTE2, KGAGAINE24
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro(Phasing out, failing wind speed), Davis Vantage Pro2
Using auxiliary channels; What is WeatherCat Controller
« on: April 23, 2012, 03:08:06 AM »
I have just upgraded from LWC to WC, and exploring it's features. I have a question or two so far:

I plan to replace a Windows laptop at a weekend place with a MacBook Pro that is leaving service at work. So, I will need to run LWC or WC.

This location monitors a leaf wetness and a soil moisture transmitter, set to transmit temperature only, so I get 6 temp readings. Each temp probe is located at different levels in a lake to monitor trout habitat. Presently, WeatherLink records each of these along with traditional data and graphs each on a common chart. I see that WC has channels for each of these types of probes. The question I have is whether it automatically detects these channels and records them, and allows me to chart them with the custom graphs? I have not had these channels in my current LWC setup, but it will be important in that situation.

Also, I saw a menu item under "Tools" that listed as WeatherCat Controller. Can't find it in the manual. Any ideas what it is?

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
Re: Using auxiliary channels; What is WeatherCat Controller
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 06:31:52 PM »
Should be fine with those on a custom graph - each graph can plot up to 3 variables. The controller is the window with the basic graph scroll buttons/scale and daily readings.

Cheers,
Stu.

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Controls display of graphs (Re: What is WeatherCat Controller)
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 09:54:58 PM »
Hi Lakedog and WeatherCat fans,

Also, I saw a menu item under "Tools" that listed as WeatherCat Controller. Can't find it in the manual. Any ideas what it is?

It isn't obvious, but this is the WeatherCat Controller:

I think the name refers to the fact that you can used the date selector at the top so that you can view data and graphs from past data collected.

It also is a nifty display of the weather thus far in the day.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

lakedog

• Gentle Breeze
    • DW4001, DW4184, D9315
    • KGAGAINE13, KGASAUTE2, KGAGAINE24
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro(Phasing out, failing wind speed), Davis Vantage Pro2
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 02:20:59 AM »
Thanks.

Stu, I assume your answer confirming the graph implies that the software recognizes the signals from the other transmitters and saves the data according to the appropriate channels with no additional interaction from me?

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 04:43:00 PM »
Thanks.

Stu, I assume your answer confirming the graph implies that the software recognizes the signals from the other transmitters and saves the data according to the appropriate channels with no additional interaction from me?

Yes, correct - all sensors that are fitted are recorded. In addition, if valid, daily, monthly and yearly ET are also recorded and can be graphed.

Cheers,
Stu.