Author Topic: WeatherCat Version 1.1.4 Released  (Read 10059 times)

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Strong Breeze
WeatherCat Version 1.1.4 Released
« on: February 21, 2013, 06:08:04 PM »
We are very pleased to announce the release and immediate availability of WeatherCat version 1.1.4.

This is a free update for existing owners.

Changes since version 1.1.3 include:
1. Added support for Fine Offset WH3080 stations (solar and u.v.). For more information on this station, please visit our wiki page: http://wiki.trixology.com/index.php/Fine_Offset
2. Added a variety of new tags, many of these were implemented to support the ?Steel Series Gauges? ? see http://wiki.trixology.com/index.php/Steel_Series_Gauges. For more details on the tag additions,  please see the release notes included with the distribution.
3. Fixed a long-standing bug that could cause a spike on graphs at the start of a month.
4. Fixed an issue that could cause email to hang on some systems.
5. Scaling improvements when multiple humidity channels are present on a custom graph.
6. WMR200: Fixed an issue where additional channels may be missing from the first few samples on download from the data-logger.
7. WMR200: Fixed a crash that could occur on start-up.

Requirements
Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later (Intel only)
An older release that supports PowerPC machines is available to download from our WeatherCat page: http://trixology.com/weathercat/

Download:
http://resources.trixology.com/downloads/WeatherCat.zip (16.3MB, build 232)

SDK
A software development kit is also available for WeatherCat, documentation and example project included (Xcode 4)): http://resources.trixology.com/downloads/WeatherCatSDK100d2.zip

embayweather

• Strong Breeze
    • DW3656
    • lENGLAND128
    • Lancastrian Imaging
  • Station Details: Oregon WM928, Intel Mac 2.5Ghz, I5 Quad core, Met Office spec manual instruments, Cat, WD, 1-wire, Labjack, Lightning Radar
Re: WeatherCat Version 1.1.4 Released
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 06:27:38 PM »
Loaded and working. But seemed a slower this time. Could be my machine. Didn't help when i found the "Do you want to backup screen" hidden behind another. Wondered why it was taking so long. Old age eh!! Very popular but I wouldn't recommend it.

Thank you for your work on this Team, I will report back when it has been running for awhile .

Best wishes

Mike

jace

• Storm
    • DW9675
    • ISuffolk62
    • Yoxford weather site.
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2, with Mac USB Data Logger. 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook, with 8 GB 1033 MHz DDR3 Memory, running Mac OSX Version 10.10.1 (Yosimite).
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 07:28:09 PM »
Hi Stu.

Downloaded and running. Funny thing the download screen hid itself from Mike, It did not do a auto backup when I installed the new version, first time that's happened.

Thanks again for all your work.

JC

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Installed and rebooted even!! (Re: WeatherCat Version 1.1.4)
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 09:18:21 PM »
Howdy Stu, Mike, JC, and WeatherCat fans,  [cat]

I installed the latest new and shiny release of da' Cat and all is working perfectly well.   [bounce]  I gave in to Randall's advice and even rebooted.  Didn't run into any unusual slowness or backup surprises.  I'm no longer having WeatherCat make a backup of my database when installing a new official release like this since WeatherCat now has its own backup manager.  However, it did ask and did the right thing when I declined the backup.

All working fine after about 90 minutes

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 10:06:12 PM »
Hi Stu,Edouard, and Cat Fans
 Installed and running rebooted like Edouard all is well will report back after with update
 [cheers1]

mattm

• Gentle Breeze
  • Station Details: 2011 MacMini, Core2 duo, Vantage Pro 2 with 5 stations
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 01:12:40 AM »
What's the most efficient way to install upgrades?

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Just copy the WeatherCat folder (Re: WeatherCat Version 1.1.4)
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 09:22:25 PM »
Hi Matt and WeatherCat fans,

What's the most efficient way to install upgrades?

Golly, WeatherCat is like most modern Mac application.  All you need to do is replace your old WeatherCat folder with the latest one.  If you are a bit cautious you can put the old WeatherCat folder in the trash and then put the new folder in your Applications folder and then launch the new version to make sure all is working properly.

I don't think there is anything else to it.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

P.S. Most of us old-timers just replace the folder and go.  That's how good Stu's software is!  [tup]

Randall75

• Storm
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 09:56:21 PM »
Hi Cat Fans
Just and update:
                                Metrics of WeatherCat stability and performance
                                 Version of WeatherCat: WeatherCat V1.14, Build 232
                                     WeatherCat uptime: 3 days, 23 hours, 9 minutes
                                             WeatherCat CPU use:7.1%
                                               WeatherCat memory use:181 Megabytes

Metrics of weather station connection reliability and instrument accuracy
                                                      Good data elements received from weather: 285683
                                                                          Data link timeout error:0
                                                                   Data link invalid data errors: 0                                                                                                                                                         
                                                                 Weather station sensor errors: 2

mattm

• Gentle Breeze
  • Station Details: 2011 MacMini, Core2 duo, Vantage Pro 2 with 5 stations
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 03:15:27 PM »
Thanks, Edouard,

Replacing the folder of course replaces any web templates too. I just have to be careful about that.

Matt

Randall75

• Storm
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 03:32:13 PM »
Hi matt
 When I down load a new version of WeatherCat and quit WeatherCat, I open the folder that is all ready running WeatherCat on my machine which is in my application folder that WC is in, then i copy each item from the new downloaded folder one at at time and it will ask if i wanted to replace it and then I say yes
But this really shouldn't have an effect on your web templates unless you have them in the same folder which it really shouldn't be
Hope this helps
 [cheers1]

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 06:38:57 PM »
As Edouard noted, I drag the new folder to the Applications folder. It tells me there's already a WeatherCat folder, and would I like to replace it. I answer yes, and then relaunch WeatherCat.

Your custom templates really should not be in the Application folder. That's not good Mac file structure. Your Documents folder is a good spot, or somewhere else it won't get deleted. I keep mine in ~/Sites/WeatherCat/ because the Sites folder is where I have all of my other web sites located and have my FTP application pointing by default.

Steve
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

rasarisi

• Gentle Breeze
    • EW0704
    • KCTBETHA4
    • BlueBirds Knoll
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Wireless & Vantage Vue Wirelless Console
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2013, 03:59:33 PM »
wow steel gauges!!! You rock
Followed the instructions  I get and error that says Text File Download corrupt

http://www.bluebirdsknoll.com/gauges-ss-v2-2-2/gauges-ss-basic-inc.php

What did I miss?

mcrossley

• Gale
  • Sorry, I'm not a WeatherCat user!
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 + home brew
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2013, 04:11:27 PM »
Your realtimegaugesWC.txt file has not been processed - it still contains all the WC tags rather than data.

Also looking at the page the CSS file may also be missing?
Mark

rasarisi

• Gentle Breeze
    • EW0704
    • KCTBETHA4
    • BlueBirds Knoll
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Wireless & Vantage Vue Wirelless Console
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2013, 04:29:57 PM »
okay I figured out that issue but the temperature is not right

http://www.bluebirdsknoll.com/gauges-ss-v2-2-2/gauges-ss-basic.htm

Randall75

• Storm
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2013, 06:44:40 PM »
Hi Rasarisi
Looks like all of your readings on the gauges are the same as at WU

[cheers1]