Author Topic: WeatherCat Scripts *BETA* of 2012-05-12  (Read 10505 times)

HairyMcLeary

• Strong Breeze
    • DW5912
    • INORTHOT6
  • Station Details: LaCrosse WS2355, iMac 2.66 Ghz Core 2 Duo, 8 GB RAM, Mountain Lion
Re: WeatherCat Scripts *BETA* time to burst the bubble ?
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2012, 10:33:31 PM »
Humm

With Tony's recent successes with the scripts, perhaps I'll 'dip a toe in the water' and re-install Growl 1.3 and try the new scripts.

Time for Edouard to go on holiday !  [cheers1]

JC

I like the way Growl 1.3 uses the "Roll Up' to record notifications instead of having the screen full of them, I don't think that was a option in earlier versions, if it was i missed it  ???

At the moment I've got both the Roll-up and the normal notifications , I will need to go through the scripts and set them so that the notifications don't "stick". I think this should be possible.

jace

• Storm
    • DW9675
    • ISuffolk62
    • Yoxford weather site.
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2, with Mac USB Data Logger. 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook, with 8 GB 1033 MHz DDR3 Memory, running Mac OSX Version 10.10.1 (Yosimite).
Re: WeatherCat Scripts *BETA* of 2012-05-12
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2012, 06:20:50 PM »
Hi Tony

I found with both versions of Growl, in the preferences you can configure each applications default notification. The 'default' setting for all applications seems to be 'application decides' some of these notifications disappear after a set time, others seem to stick on screen for ever. For normal script running notifications you can set the notification to 'never'.

The Roll Up  in version: 1.3 is very handy indeed, it's not in the earlier version.  :-\

Might still re-install Growl 1.3, but trying to write a web page, one thing at a time..................

JC

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Re: WeatherCat Scripts *BETA* time to burst the bubble ?
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2012, 09:25:52 PM »
Hi Tony, JC, and WeatherCat AppleScript fans,

I like the way Growl 1.3 uses the "Roll Up' to record notifications instead of having the screen full of them, I don't think that was a option in earlier versions, if it was i missed it  ???

You are correct, this is new in Growl 1.3.  I would very much like to try it out!!

At the moment I've got both the Roll-up and the normal notifications , I will need to go through the scripts and set them so that the notifications don't "stick". I think this should be possible.

Most of the AppleScripts have a useSticky option to turn off all sticky notifications.  That's probably the fast way to turn it off in most cases.  For the exceptions, JC is right, you can configure this in the Growl preferences.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

HairyMcLeary

• Strong Breeze
    • DW5912
    • INORTHOT6
  • Station Details: LaCrosse WS2355, iMac 2.66 Ghz Core 2 Duo, 8 GB RAM, Mountain Lion
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2012, 10:41:19 PM »
I've finally got around to enabling all of your scripts, with the Zambretti and Station Status now uploading to my web site.

I'm happy to report no issues whatsoever on Lion with Growl 1.3

Great work Edouard  [tup]

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Hurray!! (Re: WeatherCat Scripts - 2012-05-12)
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2012, 02:55:22 AM »
Howdy Tony and Thanks!!  [tup]

I've finally got around to enabling all of your scripts, with the Zambretti and Station Status now uploading to my web site.

I'm happy to report no issues whatsoever on Lion with Growl 1.3

Glad to hear it!  [bounce]

It's been a terrific struggle but . . . . once in a while you win one!  [biggrin]

jace

• Storm
    • DW9675
    • ISuffolk62
    • Yoxford weather site.
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2, with Mac USB Data Logger. 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook, with 8 GB 1033 MHz DDR3 Memory, running Mac OSX Version 10.10.1 (Yosimite).
I broke one !!! Re : WeatherCat Scripts *BETA* of 2012-05-12
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2012, 12:11:59 PM »
Time to go hide Edouard  [computer] [cheers1]

Only playing with the Twitter uploader script so far so have not yet tried the rest  [lol2] I've set the new script up with my account details etc, saved it properly  [lol] and when I go to start it  I get the following message: <<script>> doesn't understand the isGrowlAvailable message......... [interesting]

Prior to all this I deleted the old twitter script and emptied the rubbish (trash) bin, made sure no old copies of the script where hiding anywhere etc.....

JC

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2012, 02:49:24 PM »
Hi Edouard
 Talking about scripts the WC Web Data Uploader quit 30 minutes after I left on vacation don't know why
 [cheers1]

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
Bummer dude! (Re: WeatherCat Scripts - 2012-05-12)
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2012, 04:37:44 PM »
Hi Randall and WeatherCat AppleScript fans,

Talking about scripts the WC Web Data Uploader quit 30 minutes after I left on vacation don't know why

Bummer dude!!  :(

If you were curious, you might try to find using Console to see if there were any log entries from the script at the time it crashed.  But I suspect it wouldn't be easy to find the right log file.

I am a bit puzzled.  I can't recall the last time a script just went belly up.  Sometimes they throw up a dialog box, but even that has useful information in it.  Perhaps the problem has something to do with your station generation a few more data errors.  The scripts might be vulnerable to that in a way I've never experienced.

Certainly if you see any new symptoms - send'em my way!!

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
WeatherCat shutdown delay advice (Re: WeatherCat Scripts - 2012-05-12)
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2012, 01:27:19 AM »
Dear WeatherCat AppleScript fans,

I thought I would provide a quickie guide to using Stu's new shutdown delay feature and the Stop WeatherCat Scripts AppleScript.  I haven't had a chance to do much testing, but just in a few tries, I find that you can set a delay of 4 seconds on my machine and the AppleScripts will all quit with about a second to spare.  The best thing to do is to run the Stop WeatherCat Scripts manually and time it on your machine.  Then to be safe, give yourself another second or two just in case something is slow to shutdown.

Once set up, it works very nicely and makes starting and stopping WeatherCat with all of its entourage of AppleScripts very simple and as swift as circumstances permit!  :)