Author Topic: Explanation of a very strong El Ni?o for California and the western US.  (Read 1166 times)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Dear WeatherCat drought watchers,

Thus far most parts of the western United States have seen normal or below normal precipitation.  However, the following weather blog entry insists that's no reason for gloom:

http://www.weatherwest.com/archives/3607

The article goes into considerable detail explaining why the situation this autumn isn't unexpected and why the conditions continue to look extremely likely for a period of very wet and potentially severe weather starting as early as December.

It is a well-written and scientifically motivated piece.  It is definitely worth the effort to read though it with care.

Cheers, Edouard

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: Explanation of a very strong El Ni?o for California and the western US.
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 01:05:13 AM »
Thanks for the link, Edouard. I enjoyed the balance between scientific and lay terminology so that I could actually follow along with most of it. Let's hope he's right. According to the PRISM data for my CoCoRaHS location, we just finished the water year about 1/3 down from the 30 year average. I know it's worse where you are.
Blick