Author Topic: WeatherCat Version 3.0.1 Now Available  (Read 5977 times)

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Strong Breeze
WeatherCat Version 3.0.1 Now Available
« on: May 05, 2018, 09:07:41 PM »
Hello folks,
WeatherCat V3.0.1 is now available.

This is a small update to fix an issue with high CPU usage that may happen on some installs if the webcam is not in use.

As always, WeatherCat V3.0.1 is available for immediate download from our WeatherCat page at: https://trixology.com/weathercat/

Alternatively, if you are running WeatherCat V3.0.0, you can wait for the update notification within WeatherCat. If you can't wait, you can hit the 'Check For Update...' menu item in the WeatherCat menu.

Updated Desktop Client
In addition, the desktop client has been updated to be a 64 bit application. You can find the updated desktop client in the WeatherCat miscellaneous files download, also available from the above web page or via this direct download link: https://trixology-eng.com/resources/downloads/WeatherCatMiscellaneousFiles.zip

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Thanks Stu! (Re: WeatherCat Version 3.0.1 Now Available)
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 10:36:52 PM »
Thanks Stu for spoiling us with all the neat toys! . . .

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: WeatherCat Version 3.0.1 Now Available
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2018, 11:41:34 PM »
I have both updates installed and am running WeatherCat on macOS 10.12.6.

Thanks for these updates Stu. Nice work.
Blick

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Thanks Stu! (Re: WeatherCat Version 3.0.1)
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 11:52:06 PM »
Dear WeatherCat "addicts," . . . .

Last night I quickly checked the "essential weather data" before going to bed:

It sure hasn't taken me long to become completely dependent on Custom Text Windows.  How did I live without them for so long?

Thanks Stu!   [bounce]  As always, you rock!   [rock]

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
WeatherCat uses less memory on High Sierra (Re: WeatherCat Version 3.0.1)
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 09:51:44 PM »
Dear WeatherCat faithful,

As mentioned elsewhere, I upgraded to High Sierra (macOS 10.13.6) this past Monday.  I have been pleased to see that High Sierra seems to manage memory a bit better than it predecessor.  Amazingly, WeatherCat itself is using quite a bit less memory than before.  Here is a graph with the before and after:

As you can see, over the previous weekend WeatherCat memory growth was quite rapid.  Monday afternoon into Tuesday I restarted WeatherCat a few times until I finally resolved the problem with my WC AppleScript Tags Processor script.  WeatherCat has been running now for almost 3 days and it is no where close to the 750 MB of RAM it was using over the weekend.

So those of you lagging behind as I was, perhaps it is indeed worth the trouble of upgrading to High Sierra after all.

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: WeatherCat uses less memory on High Sierra (Re: WeatherCat Version 3.0.1)
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2018, 10:05:40 AM »
So those of you lagging behind as I was, perhaps it is indeed worth the trouble of upgrading to High Sierra after all.

I know you miss the good old days running on Puma but glad to see you using something a little more modern.
Blick

Felix

• Gale
  • Station Details: Davis VP-2 Plus, FARS, WeatherLink IP. Sharx cams.
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2018, 12:02:10 PM »
Good to see you moved up to High Sierra, Edouard. Does that mean Stu gave the general OK to run WC on High Sierra or did you just decide it was probably time since several forum members reported the WC work-around sufficed?  ThU32:-)

I leave for an out-of-the-country trip in a few hours so I'm going to miss the early adopter switchover to Mojave. I haven't had any problems with WC on Mojave for the past several builds but we've seen this is somewhat dependent on the hardware configuration. Good luck to everyone trying WC on Mojave on their particular machine. Suggest having a (verified) bootable clone before you start down that rabbit hole if you're running WC on your main computer.

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2018, 03:00:57 PM »
I'm not sure version 3.0.2 was ever announced formally, but I've been running it successfully on a "new", stock Mac mini running macOS 10.13 High Sierra for several months. I think the only 'announcement' was in reference to the creation of a PDF file on this thread: Monthly pdf corrupted in WeatherCat 3.0 Post #12

This may still be is a ?eta, so use with appropriate caution. :)
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2018, 08:23:53 PM »
WeatherCat 3.0.2 is a beta build that is still under development. It addresses a few issues that do not trouble all WeatherCat users, including a work-around for those of us whose hardware exhibits a macOS High Sierra bug that causes WeatherCat (and at least one other app) to freeze whilst the lock screen (requiring a password to login to the computer after the display has gone to sleep) is engaged. This bug only manifests itself on certain hardware and is not widespread.

See http://athena.trixology.com/index.php?topic=2754.0

This build is still in development as Stu is documenting the bug to Apple engineers and tweaking the work-around.
Blick

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2018, 08:37:19 PM »
Thanks, Blick, that topic didn't show up in my search. I vaguely remember it, however. I think I installed it when I saw the option in the topic I listed. At any rate, it shows how responsive Stu is to reported problems and is skill at working around OS bugs. ThU5:-)
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

dfw_pilot

• Gale
    • GW3252
    • KTNWILLI1
    • WX Page
  • Station Details: Davis Pro2 Plus
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2018, 02:08:11 PM »
I am also on 3.0.2 because the 2 version also fixes the major bug about Gauges not appearing on the website.
A clear conscience is a great pillow.