Author Topic: indoor sensors...usb sensors  (Read 2839 times)

naphil

• Calm
    • EW4551
    • kcahalfm10
  • Station Details: weatherhawk916, TR-525 external rain gauge.01"
indoor sensors...usb sensors
« on: November 05, 2016, 01:33:12 PM »
Greetings my fellow weather and data enthusiasts-

does any one have an indoor temp/humi sensor plugged into their computer usb that weathercat uses to populate the indoor temp/humi data location?

i have a mac mini running weathercat collecting weatherhawk 916 data via the weatherhawk ip unit-

i am interested in knowing about indoor temp/humidity usb sensor so weathercat is able to retrieve/display the data-

any ideas & thoughts & hardware suggestions would be great-

thank you
cheers

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
Re: indoor sensors...usb sensors
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 02:42:41 PM »
Hi Phil, and welcome to the WeatherCat forum!

I took a quick look at the WeatherHawk 916 brochure and quick start PDF files. I didn't realize that WeatherHawk does not use a Console for visual weather information, relying solely on being connected to a computer. Most console based systems have their barometer and indoor temperature and humidity sensors in the console.

I can't recall anyone here having a standalone temperature sensor. The developer, Stu, can suggest any products that he has tested with WeatherCat. Even getting a very basic USB weather station and just using it for indoor temp/hum wouldn't work, because WeatherCat (or any other software that I know of) can't bring in data from multiple weather stations.

I'm sure other members will join in welcoming you, and may have an idea to help. Stu will have the definitive answer, though.

Glad you found us,
Steve
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 02:46:14 PM »
No answer to your request, but a simple

warm welcome

in this forum!  :)
Reinhard

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Someday via homekit? (Re: indoor sensors...usb sensors)
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 09:16:57 PM »
Dear Phil, Steve, Reinhard, and WeatherCat welcome wagon . . .

Welcome Phil to the WeatherCat forum!

does any one have an indoor temp/humi sensor plugged into their computer usb that weathercat uses to populate the indoor temp/humi data location?

Alas Steve has explained the situation as we presently find it.

However, there is increasing interest in home automation since Apple is making this easier to do.  So perhaps in the not to distant future you might be able to populate your indoor temperature using say your thermostat thermometer.

Stay tuned! 

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2016, 02:57:36 AM »
Sorry - no further enlightenment from me Naphil, but welcome to the WeatherCat forum. I always wanted to own a Weatherhawk station but have never saved enough money to make it a reality.
Blick

naphil

• Calm
    • EW4551
    • kcahalfm10
  • Station Details: weatherhawk916, TR-525 external rain gauge.01"
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2016, 05:24:02 AM »
Thank you all...for such abundant welcomes into our weather centric community!

well re: weatherhark and lack on console!?! not worth it! i would do davis super duper etc... with console- & re:the quality of sensor and instruments? who knows...though parent company of weatherhawk is campbell scientific----soooo what ever that is worth- not the 4-5g's or 3-4g's tied up into this station & components & external this/that & computer & years of ironing out that mac interface... etc...etc....! now i buy another station with indoor console equipped w/ internal temp/humi and run the cat twice simultaneously on the same mac mini? (how ever that is done?) wow........i like thunder & lightning & rain & sun & moon & stars but i will not wear the cowboy hat?

cheers to yous all & i thanks yous again