Author Topic: WC Licence  (Read 2300 times)

TudorM

• Calm
    • ASH Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage-pro - MacMini c2duo 2.66GHz os: 10.13.6
WC Licence
« on: November 26, 2018, 10:36:35 AM »
hi there,

after upgrading to WC v 3.03 build 8 there seems to be a problem with the licence key, the log keeps reporting that this is a unregistered version, 14 days left. I filled in the (correct) details and WC says: Thanks for registering, also the log reports the same. Help please !!

Tudor

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
Re: WC Licence
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 12:55:21 PM »
Hi Tudor,
is it an upgrade from WeatherCat 1 oder WeatherCat 2? If so, you have to pay for another license, because WC3 is not a free upgrade.
Take a look at this Website!
Hope this helps,
Reinhard

TudorM

• Calm
    • ASH Weather
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 03:15:40 PM »
hi Wurzelmac,
there was an upgrade from v2 and we received the v3 codes. Thanks for checking !
Tudor

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 06:06:45 PM »
 :)
Reinhard

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Contact WeatherCat technical support directly. (Re: WC Licence)
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2018, 12:16:27 AM »
Dear Tudor, Reinhard, and WeatherCat faithful,

Since you only have two posts and they are both on this thread, I assume you are new to at least posting.  So welcome to the WeatherCat forum!  :)

Sorry about the circumstances of your first postings though.  :(

after upgrading to WC v 3.03 build 8 there seems to be a problem with the licence key, the log keeps reporting that this is a unregistered version, 14 days left. I filled in the (correct) details and WC says: Thanks for registering, also the log reports the same. Help please !!

Unfortunately, I've never heard of a problem like this before.  The best thing to do is to contact WeatherCat technical support directly.  You'll find the contact information on this webpage:

https://trixology.com/contact-us/

Please do let us know how this matter gets straightened out.

Cheers, Edouard

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2018, 01:01:33 AM »
Welcome to the forum Tudor!
Blick

TudorM

• Calm
    • ASH Weather
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2018, 07:52:14 AM »
hi Edouard,
thanks for your reply on this post.. I tried to reachout to them via the email but nothing yet, so i tried the forum, (after searching for the same ussue)
Tudor

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Need to be patient. (Re: WC Licence)
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2018, 10:56:26 PM »
Dear Blick, Tudor, and WeatherCat troubleshooters,

I tried to reachout to them via the email but nothing yet, so i tried the forum, (after searching for the same ussue)

Unfortunately our fearless leader is very badly overworked at the moment, so you'll have to be patient.  Since you have two weeks to resolve the matter, hopefully you'll have an answer over the weekend.

You are the first person that has ever had this sort of problem as far as I know.  Hopefully you'll also be the last!

Keep da' faith!
  :)

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2018, 11:14:41 PM »
Wondering if version 2 also running... I think the codes are much different in 2 and 3, if you try to put the ver 3 code into ver 2, it probably won't work there. Sounds like something I might accidentally try. [banghead] [rolleyes2] [blush]

Might get his attention if you posted in the "WeatherCat Bugs" forum. BTW, there is only one guy in "Support" and he does all the other work for the company, also. [computer] ;) Besides all that, he has a "day job". Something about needing to feed the wife and kids... [lol]
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system