Author Topic: Weathercloud  (Read 35875 times)

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
Weathercloud
« on: May 02, 2014, 06:01:31 PM »
Hi everybody,
just for interest. Anybody else out there who received this email:
Dear weather observer,

We are pleased to announce you that we recently launched Weathercloud, a new weather network where users of automatic weather stations can manage and share their data in real time. Many observers from around the world have already joined the network and we would be happy to count on your participation too.

Weathercloud is free and was created with the aim of becoming a source of very localized weather information from around the world. At the moment the network supports all stations from Davis Instruments and we will add compatibility with more brands soon.

The site also offers additional features such as managing your own weather database, plotting interactive graphs from historical records and much more. You will find further information in our FAQ section.

Please feel free to visit our page: http://weathercloud.net

Hoping that the new network will be to your liking, we remain at your disposal for any questions you may have.

Best regards,

--
The Weathercloud team
Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Interesting, but in a crowded field (Re: Weathercloud)
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 09:48:19 PM »
Hi Reinhard and WeatherCat data upload junkies,

;) . . . . . Another upload service!!!  How do I upload, how, how, how, how!!!!  [lol2]

Hmm, kind of an odd strategy these folks have right now.  They must have some sort of a deal with Davis, because they have a plug-in that already works with WeatherLink (the software I assume and probably only the Windoze version at that.)

I just cruised around their web site and there isn't any so much as hint of an upload API so that anyone else could upload to their service.  So even if WeatherCat upload junkies wanted to, we are blocked for the moment.  I suppose we could contact them directly, but they seem a little raw.  It might be a good idea to allow them to mature a little.  Given how crowded the field has become, one has to be concerned about "survival of da' fittest."

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

asherah

• Calm
Re: Weathercloud
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 04:46:26 AM »
It seems they matured and it is now possible to upload data as other apps do already. I like their site and think it is visually pleasing. Could you consider to add them for data upload?

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
  • Developer of WeatherCat for iOS, tvOS, and watchOS
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 06:43:55 PM »
It seems they matured and it is now possible to upload data as other apps do already.

Do WeatherCat users have any way to upload without an update to WeatherCat?

Felix

• Gale
  • Station Details: Davis VP-2 Plus, FARS, WeatherLink IP. Sharx cams.
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 07:48:23 PM »
I just typed "weathercloud" in my search box and clicked on the first Google return. Up popped Road Weather Intelligence (http://weathercloud.co) which obviously wasn't what was being discussed in this thread but an interesting idea nevertheless.

And now back on topic, I see "NoseyNick" asked about the site's API docs and received an answer.

http://blog.weathercloud.net/?p=446

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2014, 09:02:44 AM »
I spoke to them yesterday - should have something available shortly.

Felix

• Gale
  • Station Details: Davis VP-2 Plus, FARS, WeatherLink IP. Sharx cams.
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2014, 01:15:05 PM »
That's good to hear.

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2014, 08:28:17 PM »
And we're up :)

http://app.weathercloud.net/d0171690042

This is our test feed.

I'll leave it running for a bit and if it looks OK I'll post the plug-in for people to test to the development forum (very small download for the plug-in, WeatherCat 2 required).

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Contibuting to an addiction! (Re: Weathercloud)
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2014, 09:48:48 PM »
Howdy Stu, Felix, and WeatherCat data submission . . . . junkies!!

I'll leave it running for a bit and if it looks OK I'll post the plug-in for people to test to the development forum (very small download for the plug-in, WeatherCat 2 required).

;) . . . . . I dunno' Stu, you are definitely making our addiction to uploading weather data . . . . just a little bit worse!! . . .  :o

[lol2]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2014, 11:59:15 PM »
Seems to be running fine - I'll leave it overnight to be sure. One interesting thing about WeatherCloud is you can auto-tweet from it. I have no idea what the tweets look like, but interesting nonetheless.

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2014, 07:14:16 AM »
Looks very good, Stu! The localization on their Site is much better than the one on WeatherUnderground. I will be happy to test the plugin.

Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2014, 09:30:13 AM »
Available now, see http://athena.trixology.com/index.php?topic=1432.0 for more info.

asherah

• Calm
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2014, 05:31:55 PM »
Wow, this is fast! I just downloaded it. Thanks a lot!!

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2014, 01:57:41 PM »
Weathercloud updated their website over the weekend and made some very nice improvements. I quite like the newest iteration. Thanks for incorporating Weathercloud into WeatherCat, Stu.

FYI, when I checked out Weathercloud's new thermal comfort index I got a good laugh. It is a measure of the comfort level inside your home based on temperature and humidity. My internal index is about 5% of optimal so apparently we like it cold and dry in our mountain home. Screenshot attached.

Blick

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2014, 08:17:27 AM »
Hi Blick,

seems like it is too hot and too dry in the room where your weather device is taking the data. Mine isn't too hot, but also too dry.  :)

Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard