Author Topic: Mojave Monday  (Read 6178 times)

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
Re: Mojave Monday
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2018, 07:12:15 AM »
I'm using a mid-2011 Mac mini with Mojave 10.14.1 and WC 3.03. No problems at all.

Hi, can you tell me how you managed to update your Mini mid 2011 to Mojave? Thanks a lot.
Reinhard

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2018, 06:57:50 PM »
ColdnFrosty, can you hear me calling?  ???
Reinhard

iccb

• Gentle Breeze
    • S??tilanne Eurassa
  • Station Details: Mac Mini (late 2018), Davis Vantage Pro2
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2018, 11:50:30 AM »
 Wurzelmac:

You can check this page. I have not tested it, but it looks quitr good.
http://dosdude1.com/mojave/

Felix

• Gale
  • Station Details: Davis VP-2 Plus, FARS, WeatherLink IP. Sharx cams.
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2018, 12:27:43 PM »
You can check this page. I have not tested it, but it looks quitr good.
http://dosdude1.com/mojave/

I think Reinhard is already aware of that patch (see thread https://athena.trixology.com/index.php?topic=2866.msg27823#msg27823).

He's just wanting to chat with someone who's gotten the patch to work on an unsupported mini and subsequently has it running WC. Icing on the cake would be confirmation that it also works with his Weather Envoy data logger.

Unfortunately, Frosty appeares to have succumbed to the cold and went dark.

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2018, 01:28:01 PM »
Thank you, Felix! That's it.
Reinhard

acw342

• Gentle Breeze
    • ICODOWNB3
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Vue Weather Cat v1.2.4, intel i7 iMac, 2TB SSD/HDD, 48Gb RAM. Reporting to UK Met Office WoW program.
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2018, 07:44:22 PM »
 [rainyluck]Citzens of WeatherCat, it is a long time since I last appeared in print on this site. I come to you cap in hand, as I succumbed to Mac OS Mojave and now, alas, my wife and I are the only people who can view the output of my Vantage Vue. I have tried everything to get WC to work but every time I do there is no communication with the device and I cannot select the USB to UART bridge as all that is currently available on the Comms Port is /dev/cu.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port. I am still on WC V1.24 build11. I have however upgraded my iMac to an i7 with hybrid drive and lots RAM. Has a solution perchance been found?

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2018, 08:41:59 PM »
ACW342
 Had this problem a long time ago redown load the USB to UART for mac and reinstall it and restart your computer.
That's how i had to get to work
Hope this helps

cheers

tizza

• Gentle Breeze
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Vue with no extras, MBPr late 2012
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2018, 09:07:59 PM »
Sorry if I?m repeating something but I?m in a rush. Use the SilLabs UNINSTALLER reboot, install usb bridge and if it doesn?t take, which is common, restart again. Good luck, my computer went through a phase where it just would not acknowledge that driver
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Davis Vantage Vue, MBPr late 2012.
I'm a photographer and have a photography website if you're interested.
http://www.mixed-up-pix.smugmug.com

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2018, 09:15:16 PM »
I am still on WC V1.24 build11
Is that a typo or is there a reason you are using such an old version of WC? ::)
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
WeatherCat 1 might not work with Mojave. (Re: Mojave Monday)
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2018, 10:04:11 PM »
Dear ACW342, Randall, tizza, X-Air and WeatherCat troubleshooters,

I am still on WC V1.24 build11.

Certainly you would need the latest drivers.  The information on those can be found here on the WeatherCat Wiki:

http://wiki.trixology.com/index.php?title=Obtaining_the_latest_drivers_for_use_with_Davis_data_loggers

If you have the latest Silicon Labs drivers and you still cannot connect I would assume that WeatherCat 1 isn't compatible with Mojave.  I don't know if Stu ever tried WeatherCat 2.x, but certainly there was no reason to assume WeatherCat 1 would work with the latest version of macOS.

Sorry, that's the best advice I've got.

Edouard

Felix

• Gale
  • Station Details: Davis VP-2 Plus, FARS, WeatherLink IP. Sharx cams.
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2018, 02:19:02 PM »
I'd say it's a bit of a stretch to expect the developer would have checked WC V1 for compatibility with Mojave! I know I didn't. What OS was Apple shipping back then, Mountain Lion? You've[/size] now got a nice machine with plenty of processing capability and adequate RAM so upgrade to WC 3, install the latest Silicon Labs drivers, and you'll be good to go. I don't think the developer has formally told the masses yet that his currently-shipping version of WC is compatible with Mojave but there are several of us here on the forum who have it running with no problems. In fact, as my profile should indicate if I remembered to update it, the soon-to-ship WC point increase runs fine on the latest Mojave developer beta as well.