WeatherCat > WeatherCat iOS Clients

WeatherCatRCP 1.1 (180928) for iOS Beta

(1/5) > >>

The Grand Poohbah:
What's new in WeatherCatRCP 1.1 (180928) for iOS Beta

Update with iOS 12 and watchOS 5 libraries (Xcode 10.0).
Fixed a bug that may cause a crash the first time you attempt to connect to Local and it does not connect.
Update app icon for the 44mm Apple Watch Series 4.
Adjust the Options view so that the switch description can be seen on an iPhone SE and iPhone 5.
Adjust navigation bar buttons to display the longer German localized title.
Change the "Not a WeatherCat RCP server" message to the more accurate "Unable to verify server" message.

Tip

If you get the message "Unable to verify server", you should try again by doing the following:
Go to WeatherCatRCP Settings, tap Manage WeatherCat Servers, tap the radio button for the desired server.
Tapping any server radio buttons that's already selected will re-connect you to the server.

Notes to Beta Testers

All reports should be posted to the Forum in the WeatherCatRCP 1.1 (180928) for iOS Beta topic.

Everyone is welcome to test this beta release. See the iOS Clients topic "About the WeatherCatRCP Beta" for information on joining the Beta test group and using TestFlight.

PaSun:
Hello Grand,

I installed WC RCP 1.1 Beta on my iPhone X running IOS 12.0 and found no issues at all.
That said, my Apple Watch (original version) now 3 ? years old, running Watch version 4.3.2 displays a blank screen after opening RCP. Note: on opening RCP, the RCP icon is displayed with the circling dots while loading, but then displays a totally black screen then the time in the upper right corner.

Hopefully, I'll have a new watch by the holidays, but I'm not so sure about a phone upgrade.

Cheers,
Paul

Blicj11:
Grand:

A little progress, but alas, the same report as Paul regarding the display.

Last night at 20:30 local time, I traded in my Series 2 watch (Apple gave me US$115 for it, and it had some pretty good scratches in the glass) and came away with a Series 4 44mm, which I love and the extra screen real estate is incredible. So I am running watchOS 5.0.1 on a Series 4. You are once again proclaimed to be a trusted developer (Congratulations), so I am able to install RCP on the watch. On opening it displays the RCP icon with the dots whilst it loads. But after only 1 second, it reverts to a black screen displaying the time. I uninstalled and reinstalled. No change. See screenshot.

Compared to other screens that display the time, this one ranks near the bottom (sorry). See second screen shot.

The Grand Poohbah:

--- Quote from: PaSun on September 30, 2018, 01:09:24 AM ---Hello Grand,

I installed WC RCP 1.1 Beta on my iPhone X running IOS 12.0 and found no issues at all.
That said, my Apple Watch (original version) now 3 ? years old, running Watch version 4.3.2 displays a blank screen after opening RCP. Note: on opening RCP, the RCP icon is displayed with the circling dots while loading, but then displays a totally black screen then the time in the upper right corner.

Hopefully, I'll have a new watch by the holidays, but I'm not so sure about a phone upgrade.

Cheers,
Paul

--- End quote ---

If you see the blank screen after opening RCP on your Apple Watch, open WeatherCatRCP Settings on your iPhone and tap the Apple Watch screen. This should bring up the WeatherCatRCP screen on your Apple Watch.

I hope that doesn't spoil a good excuse to get an Apple Watch  :)

elagache:
Dear Grand, Paul, Blick, and WeatherCat iOS early adopters,

--- Quote from: The Grand Poohbah on September 29, 2018, 10:51:19 PM ---What's new in WeatherCatRCP 1.1 (180928) for iOS Beta
--- End quote ---

Okay, after some haggling, this version is installed on my iPhone 6.  I did the quick tour and everything appears to be in good order.

--- Quote from: The Grand Poohbah on September 29, 2018, 10:51:19 PM ---Update with iOS 12 and watchOS 5 libraries (Xcode 10.0).
--- End quote ---

I may be an early adopter, but I do have limits!  I'm still running iOS 11.4.1 and expect to stay here for a prudent period before risking that upgrade!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version