Author Topic: WCrcp for iOS features request: simple dashboard  (Read 4048 times)

Xipper

• Gentle Breeze
    • EW1914
    • KORPORTL202
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro
WCrcp for iOS features request: simple dashboard
« on: June 26, 2018, 01:31:37 AM »
I really wish I could create a simple dashboard with a "prettier" view of information.  I don't need to see every intimate detail of my weather station at all times.  I would like a simple dashboard, more similar to the splash bar that WC generates for web pages or email signatures and letting me select what things I want to see...with larger numbers.

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Would original WeatherCat for iOS display work? (Re: Simple dashboard)
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 11:59:16 PM »
Dear Xipper and WeatherCat iOS users,

I really wish I could create a simple dashboard with a "prettier" view of information.  I don't need to see every intimate detail of my weather station at all times.  I would like a simple dashboard, more similar to the splash bar that WC generates for web pages or email signatures and letting me select what things I want to see...with larger numbers.

Would the original display from the WeatherCat for iOS work for your needs?  It is still present in WeatherCatRCP but can only connect to a WeatherCat 2.0 server.  I would hope it would be straightforward to drive that display using the WeatherCat 3 data, but only Grand would know for sure.

Cheers, Edouard

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
  • Developer of WeatherCat for iOS, tvOS, and watchOS
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
Dear Xipper and WeatherCat iOS users,

Would the original display from the WeatherCat for iOS work for your needs?  It is still present in WeatherCatRCP but can only connect to a WeatherCat 2.0 server.  I would hope it would be straightforward to drive that display using the WeatherCat 3 data, but only Grand would know for sure.

Cheers, Edouard

Never fear, the "Classic" screen in WeatherCatRCP will work with a WeatherCat 3 server.

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Never fear, the "Classic" screen in WeatherCatRCP will work with a WeatherCat 3 server.

Grand:
  • Do you still have to forward the ports 49250-49254 to use the Classic Screen in WeatherCatRCP on WC 3 servers?
  • If not, do you know if there is any other reason to continue forward those ports, i.e. are they still used for the WC Client in WC 3?
Blick

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
My copy of WeatherCatRCP was AWOL (Re: WeatherCat for iOS display work?)
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 11:26:39 PM »
Dear Grand, Blick, and WeatherCat iOS users,

Oops!  I did try it and it only connected to trixology-eng.com.  It turns out that my copy of WeatherCatRCP was locked up somehow and I couldn't get it to do anything.  I had to cycle back to trixology-eng.com and return to local before everything worked normally once more.  So if the classic mode is a good enough dashboard it certainly is already available.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
  • Developer of WeatherCat for iOS, tvOS, and watchOS
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture

Grand:
  • Do you still have to forward the ports 49250-49254 to use the Classic Screen in WeatherCatRCP on WC 3 servers?
  • If not, do you know if there is any other reason to continue forward those ports, i.e. are they still used for the WC Client in WC 3?

Good question. When I installed WeatherCat 3, I added port 49255 and left ports 49250-49254 in the port-forwarding configuration.

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Good question. When I installed WeatherCat 3, I added port 49255 and left ports 49250-49254 in the port-forwarding configuration.

That's what i did too, but I'm wondering if we need all those other ports. After all, I don't want to waste forwarded ports; I might run out of them.  :)
Blick