Author Topic: Hello from Parsons, TN  (Read 2735 times)

Dave13

• Gentle Breeze
    • CW7890
    • KTNPARSO2
    • ParsonsWeather.com
  • Station Details: Davis VP2
Hello from Parsons, TN
« on: August 20, 2017, 08:08:00 PM »
Hello from Parsons TN, located near the TN River, halfway between Memphis and Nashville.

New WeatherCat user. Station is a Davis VP2, it has been online since 2007 using various windows weather station software. Last year I changed the station computer to a Mac Mini, I like the compact size and how quiet it runs. I ran all the station software in a windows virtual machine.

I recently discovered WeatherCat and liked the idea of running the station software on MacOS, doing away with the virtual machine. This weekend I completed making the switch to WeatherCat and I?ve been really pleased. A big thank you to Hugh Whalen for converting my data to use in WeatherCat.

awilltx

Re: Hello from Parsons, TN
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 09:03:26 PM »
Dave,

Welcome to the WeatherCat community and forum!

Alan

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Welcome aboard! (Re: Hello from Parsons, TN)
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 10:40:51 PM »
Welcome aboard Dave!

Glad you have found WeatherCat to your liking and I'll second your warm thank you to Hugh!  Nobody wants to leave their old data behind!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 03:27:35 PM »
Welcome to the Cat Dave. I was in Tennessee once, 27 years ago. Nice place. Congratulations on your switchover to the best weather software for macOS. I just took a spin through your website and like what I saw. I did notice that your UV and solar radiation data begins this month. Did you not have that data in your old database or are your sensors new to your setup?

Also, love the photo in your WeatherCat banner!
Blick

Dave13

• Gentle Breeze
    • CW7890
    • KTNPARSO2
    • ParsonsWeather.com
  • Station Details: Davis VP2
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 03:45:06 PM »
Hi Blicj11,

I do have solar and UV data prior to this month but Hugh said he would have to convert it separately. The old software formatted how it stored that data differently.

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2017, 05:26:05 PM »
Welcome aboard, Dave!
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook