Author Topic: Bore da o De Cymru - Good morning from South Wales  (Read 4895 times)

Terryap

• Gentle Breeze
    • IPENYRHE3
  • Station Details: Aercus WS3083
Bore da o De Cymru - Good morning from South Wales
« on: January 21, 2017, 10:40:52 AM »
Hello all

I am based in Caerphilly, South Wales - famous for its Castle and cheese.  We have plenty of weather in South Wales, very often in the same day. [rainyluck]

I have had a cheap supermarket weather station for many years but it had become increasingly erratic so decided to get something a little bit better - I have got a Aercus WS3083 which I appreciate is the lower end of the market but it certainly works a lot better than the previous one.

Set up WeatherCat and a website and connected to Weather Underground and all was working great.  Set up WeatherCat client and Dyndns to use WeatherCat Ios - eventually got that working too - then it all went pear-shaped.  >:(  I will try to find the appropriate forum to post my problem but in the meantime hi or Shwmae (as we say in Wales)

Terry ap Hywel
Best wishes

Terry

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: Bore da o De Cymru - Good morning from South Wales
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 04:25:00 PM »
Welcome to WeatherCat and to the forum, mate. There are some smart people on this forum, so post your issue and you'll get some help.
Blick

Terryap

• Gentle Breeze
    • IPENYRHE3
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 06:59:42 PM »
Many thanks

Luckily all sorted again now.  Read the manual again and tried a few things and hey presto!!

Thanks again

Terry
Best wishes

Terry

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 09:48:22 PM »
Caerphilly, South Wales - famous for its Castle and cheese.
Not to mention lots of Consonants, with a liberal helping of Vowels trying to even things out!!! :P On the other hand, if you have your own language, why not use it?  ThU5:-)

Reading "The Manual" is for workaholics! [banghead] I much prefer making wild conjectures about how to 'fix' something and then asking for sympathy after completely destroying the item. [goofy] Hey! I'll take a hug in way I can!!!  [tup]

Anyway, glad you got things working and your introduction. My wife and I are always looking for free room & board from "friends" on your group of Isles west of the Channel! [bed]

Seriously?
Welcome AboaRd, Terry! [cheer]
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Welcome! (Re: Good morning from South Wales)
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 10:16:30 PM »
Dear Terry, Blick, X-Air, and WeatherCat welcome wagon, . . . .

I am based in Caerphilly, South Wales - famous for its Castle and cheese.  We have plenty of weather in South Wales, very often in the same day. [rainyluck]

Well I can sympathize.  Northern California is way over its quota for exciting weather!

I have had a cheap supermarket weather station for many years but it had become increasingly erratic so decided to get something a little bit better - I have got a Aercus WS3083 which I appreciate is the lower end of the market but it certainly works a lot better than the previous one.

Well now that's interesting.  At the moment WeatherCat isn't supposed to support the Aercus!

I quick bit of web searching and it appears to be another rebranding of the Fine Offset stations.  Is that the station driver that you are using?  If so I'll update the WeatherCat Wiki to add this station as supported by that driver.

the meantime hi or Shwmae (as we say in Wales)

By all means welcome to the WeatherCat forum! 

Glad you got your initial problems sorted out and are starting to enjoy WeatherCat!  [WCSmall]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 04:43:01 PM »
Welcome!
Reinhard

Terryap

• Gentle Breeze
    • IPENYRHE3
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 12:32:41 PM »
Many thanks All

It is working fairly well but occasionally (every few days or so) Weathercat crashes and I have to reset the weather station by removing the batteries and replacing them after a few minutes.  A bit of a pain!  I assume it must be some conflict with the MacOS.

To Elagache - Yes the Aercus is set up as a Fine Offset, in fact on the Weathercat wiki page about Fine Offset stations my Station is identical to the picture shown of a WH3080, the only difference is that it has Aercus logo printed above the screen!

If anyone is interested in the weather here in Caerphilly

https://hendredenny-weather.000webhostapp.com

best wishes

Terry
Best wishes

Terry

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 02:03:36 PM »
I will try to find the appropriate forum to post my problem...

It is working fairly well but occasionally (every few days or so) Weathercat crashes and I have to reset the weather station by removing the batteries and replacing them after a few minutes.  A bit of a pain!  I assume it must be some conflict with the MacOS.
I'd suggest the "General Computing/Macintosh" area for a complete explanation of the problem. If the Admins decide a better place, they will happily move your thread there. It does sound like a computer or hardware problem rather than WC. WC is almost purfekt, ya kno! ;(
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Wiki Updated and crash report? (Re: Good morning from South Wales)
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2017, 11:25:07 PM »
Dear Terry, X-Air, and WeatherCat station caregivers,

To Elagache - Yes the Aercus is set up as a Fine Offset, in fact on the Weathercat wiki page about Fine Offset stations my Station is identical to the picture shown of a WH3080, the only difference is that it has Aercus logo printed above the screen!

Thanks!  I updated the Wiki page to add your station to the list.

As X-Air recommends, you should probably start a new thread describing your problem in this topic:

http://athena.trixology.com/index.php?board=13.0

If possible, try to get a crash report from one of those crashes and attach it do your new post.  You can get a crash report by following the instructions you can find here:

http://athena.trixology.com/index.php?topic=1785.0

Let us know if you make some headway on your problem,

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]