Author Topic: iOS Client Feature Requests  (Read 28126 times)

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
  • Developer of WeatherCat for iOS, tvOS, and watchOS
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
iOS Client Feature Requests
« on: April 11, 2012, 11:04:21 PM »
Please put your feature requests for the iOS client in this topic.

xtommo

• Gentle Breeze
  • Station Details: LaCrosse WS2355 on iMac 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Re: iOS Client Feature Requests
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 03:15:49 AM »
access to daily, monthly and yearly stats would be a nice feature plus maybe a more,for lack of a better word, high tech/appleish design would be good. but i am so happy that we finally have an iOS app. i check my weather from my iphone probably 90% of the time so having this app is a huge plus for the weathercat software.

thanks

Barzi

• Gentle Breeze
    • DW4725
    • IFRIBURG2
    • M?t?o Sommentier
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Vue | WeatherLink USB MAC | Mac Mini end 2009 with 500 Gb SSD & Mac OS 10.11
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 02:54:43 PM »
Nice Job!

An iPad version with access to some Graphs would be great! An iPad with a wall support could do a really nice weather display!

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 05:41:27 PM »
Thank you. I agree that an iPad version could be a beautiful weather display. It's a big project and one that The Grand Poohbah will consider carefully.

--grand

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
Designs for iPad Display
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 09:37:05 PM »
The Grand Poohbah would love to see designs for an WeatherCat display on the iPad in landscape orientation (1024 wide by 768 high). Show me what you'd like to see in a WeatherCat display.

gb509

• Gentle Breeze
    • D6143
    • IGREATER38
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Daytime FARS Solar and UV, iMac OS 10.11
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 10:14:26 AM »
Could we have an indication of reached Min/Max values for temp, solar UV and windspeed? If the bars could show that that would be nice feature.

Gerard

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 07:09:05 PM »
Could we have an indication of reached Min/Max values for temp, solar UV and windspeed? If the bars could show that that would be nice feature.
That would be very nice indeed. I will see what I can do.

homerc

• Calm
  • Station Details: davis vantage pro 2
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 03:59:24 PM »
Is it possible to have the rain total to be 0.00 in place of 0.0 ???  Rain yesterday was 0.23 and the program just showed 0.2.   [rain2]

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 05:19:38 PM »
Is it possible to have the rain total to be 0.00 in place of 0.0   Rain yesterday was 0.23 and the program just showed 0.2.

Will do. You're timing is impeccable. I was just about to send the 1.1 update to Apple for review.

xtommo

• Gentle Breeze
  • Station Details: LaCrosse WS2355 on iMac 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Re: Designs for iPad Display
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2012, 01:21:45 PM »
I'm not too good with design and programming but it's definately an app I am willing to pay for. I know it's not a huge client base but you gotta start somewhere.

The Grand Poohbah would love to see designs for an WeatherCat display on the iPad in landscape orientation (1024 wide by 768 high). Show me what you'd like to see in a WeatherCat display.

jg

• Strong Breeze
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 10:10:56 PM »
I have two weather stations, the ability to toggle between them would be great.

jg

• Strong Breeze
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2012, 06:08:38 PM »
I got the DNS working so I can use it outside of my house, it would be great if it could automatically toggle to the internet if the local connection times out after a set interval (10 seconds) or immediately if it wasn't connected to the local network.

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2012, 08:25:08 PM »
I got the DNS working so I can use it outside of my house, it would be great if it could automatically toggle to the internet if the local connection times out after a set interval (10 seconds) or immediately if it wasn't connected to the local network.

Leave your setting at the Internet full-time (Settings, Network = Internet). If you are within range of your WiFi, the client uses the WiFi to connect to the DNS. If you are outside the WiFi range, the client uses cellular. It should be seamless.

jg

• Strong Breeze
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2012, 11:05:55 PM »

Leave your setting at the Internet full-time (Settings, Network = Internet). If you are within range of your WiFi, the client uses the WiFi to connect to the DNS. If you are outside the WiFi range, the client uses cellular. It should be seamless.

Thanks, that is working.  Any chance there will be an ability to toggle between two stations?  I have another two...

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2012, 06:24:25 PM »
Thanks, that is working.  Any chance there will be an ability to toggle between two stations?  I have another two...

There's a good chance it will be in a future release, but not soon. I've got to get the localized version out first.