WeatherCat > WeatherCat iOS Clients

Cannot Connect

(1/8) > >>

Blicj11:
Grand:

All of sudden I am no longer able to connect via dyndns or directly to my static IP address either from my iPhone or iPad. I had the phone company out today and they verified they are not blocking any ports and the Internet is running fine. The ports are being forwarded correctly. The desktop WeatherCat client works. I have shut down my router for 5 minutes and brought it back up again. I have rebooted WeatherCat and verified that the WeatherCat server is running on port 49254. I don't know what else to try.

Any ideas?

The Grand Poohbah:
There are a few things that you can check although I suspect you've already done this:

Change the settings on your iOS device to "Local" to verify that you can get any data.
Change the settings on your iOS device to the trixology-test address to verify that you can get data over the Internet.
Inspect the router administration page to verify that a private fixed IP address is still assigned to your host computer.
Inspect the host computer Network settings panel to verify that the private fixed IP address is being used.
Inspect the router settings to verify that the port range 49250 to 49254 is assigned the the private fixed IP address.
Wave 3 stalks of daffodils over your iOS device and say "Spring to life and bring me data!" three times.

Okay, may the last suggestion is a little far out, but I hope it made you smile. A smile can help. :)

Blicj11:
Ha ha! Thanks for the laugh; I needed it.

Alas, I have already done all of those things. I know the port forwarding is working because the WeatherCat OS X client works. The static IP address is working for other applications that use it. The internal IP address assigned to the iMac running WeatherCat is correctly assigned.

I have tried everything I can think of except the daffodils and they are in short supply during the winter.

It appears that something internal is blocking the IOS client from seeing its target. If anyone can think of anything else, please let me know.

WCDev:
Can you connect OK to trixology-test.dyndns.org? If that's fine, it's likely something internal to your network.

Blicj11:

--- Quote from: WCDev on February 24, 2015, 10:18:14 PM ---Can you connect OK to trixology-test.dyndns.org? If that's fine, it's likely something internal to your network.

--- End quote ---

Yes, I can get the your test site fine. The puzzling thing is that the static IP is working great for other applications and the WeatherCat client is working find as well, which means, as you say, something in my internal network is wonky and I cannot figure out what it is!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version