Author Topic: WeatherCat Version 2.2.1 now available  (Read 7582 times)

ELO

• Gentle Breeze
    • KCOBRECK14
    • Weather in the Highlands
  • Station Details: Old Davis WMII, Heated Rain Collector, Mac Mini
Re: WeatherCat Version 2.2.1 now available
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2015, 04:24:04 PM »
I have experienced 2 crashes/shutdowns of WC 2.2.1 since updating El Capitan. I didn't think much of the first one, but when WC went offline for the 2nd time 2 days later, I went back to capture what I could of the console log. The primary message indicated an orderly shutdown due to a fatal error Sunday evening:

10/4/15 8:20:30.763 PM WeatherCat[10471]: Fatal error in WeatherCatDataManager createLocation - (no path) Couldn't create data set. WeatherCat terminating...

There were no console entries for WC in the User Diagnostic Reports. I've attached the results of a console log search for Sunday. The only entries are for the 4 minute period leading up to the shutdown. I have WatchDog enabled, but it is not catching this shutdown and relaunching WC - perhaps because it doesn't appear to be a true crash.

I had no problems with 2.2.1 on Yosemite. The only issue I had with WC when updating to El Capitan was the need to update the Keyspan serial driver for the old Davis Weather Monitor station I'm using. WC is set to capture data every 5 minutes and the Data Viewer does not show any significant gaps in the relevant timeframe; most likely because WC downloaded historical data stored in the weather station console when I relaunched WC this morning.

Any thoughts Stu or anyone?

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2015, 06:06:26 PM »
It's the same issue as reported at:
http://athena.trixology.com/index.php?topic=1858.msg16637#msg16637

A controlled shutdown because of filesystem issues.

Could you go to the above thread and post your config as requested there?

Thanks  [tup]

ELO

• Gentle Breeze
    • KCOBRECK14
    • Weather in the Highlands
  • Station Details: Old Davis WMII, Heated Rain Collector, Mac Mini
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2015, 08:55:25 PM »
Posted in the bugs thread for 2.2.2 as requested...