Author Topic: Issues with email  (Read 2136 times)

ETA51

• Gentle Breeze
    • EW7149
    • KMDSYKES9
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, iMac (mid-2011)
Issues with email
« on: December 31, 2016, 01:10:12 PM »
I am having no luck with Weathercat sending outgoing emails.  Using latest release of the software, on OS 10.12.2 on amid-2011 iMac.  In Weathercat preferences, port 587 is designated.  "Test Now" in that panel results in authentication failures.  My email client is iCloud.  Are those the credentials that should be in the "User" and "Password" fields in Weathercat?  They worked in the past.  Any help would be appreciated.  Otherwise, all appears to be working well.

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
Re: Issues with email
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 03:48:17 PM »
I think there's a post about this on the forum. I'd search for when I can get to my desktop. I had problems using my iCloud account but I just used the ISP account instead. I think my problem was my ISP (Comcast) wanting all outgoing mail (at that time) to use thier servers. I haven't tried changing things in the last 20+ months. Hopefully someone with your settings will come along soon with a better suggestion.

I think this is the last post about iCloud problems, but I'm not sure it's the one that Stu commented on: http://athena.trixology.com/index.php?topic=1724.msg15164#msg15164
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 04:12:55 PM »
Hi ETA51,
Check with the back of the WeatherCat manual for the settings for iCloud. Note if you have 2 factor authentication enabled, then you'll need to generate an application specific password to use with WeatherCat - see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204397 for details.

ETA51

• Gentle Breeze
    • EW7149
    • KMDSYKES9
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, iMac (mid-2011)
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2017, 01:14:34 PM »
Thanks all for your quick responses.  I am using two-factor, but the solution you pointed to was the exact solution that I needed, problem solved, thanks much!

Happy New Year!