Author Topic: Apologies and AppleScript status report.  (Read 2217 times)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Apologies and AppleScript status report.
« on: March 24, 2012, 09:29:23 PM »
Dear WeatherCat AppleScript fans,

;)  Shucks . . . with all this talk about AJAX, I may have to change laundry detergent!   [lol2]

Uh in the meantime, while new and improved web pages have been pouring out, I've been battling my AppleScripts with only limited success.   [banghead]  They are suffering from too many features having been hacked on and from real weaknesses in AppleScript itself.  As hinted at, I've had a particularly rough time taming the new and improved WC Storm Monitor.  The barometric pressure monitoring logic was very tortured and I'm amazed it worked before.

After much pain and misery and one failed attempt to bring it "live," I've found some particularly nasty bugs and it is on live test once more.  So far it has handled the rainfall we are getting today flawlessly.  If it works now as advertised, I'll now be in a position to start working on the documentation and stuff.  I also want to test out the localization feature that I promised to do earlier.

So that's where things are at with my AppleScripts.  The new versions are I find much improved over what you'all are presently using.  Please be patient with me as I try to get these scripts to the point where I can share them with you.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]