Author Topic: Recyclnig my 2015 Weather Christmas card.  (Read 948 times)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Recyclnig my 2015 Weather Christmas card.
« on: December 24, 2023, 11:06:06 PM »
Dear WeatherCat faithful,

It has been a really tough year for me that ended with the unexpected death of one of my closest friends.  He died from pneumonia caused by a treatment resistant bacteria.  He spent 29 days in intensive care before succumbing to the condition.  He was only 65.  So for me, it is a melancholy Christmas at best.

My personal and family health problems precluded me from making a Christmas card featuring my trusty wagon.  That's a bit sad too.  This is the first year I failed to do so after creating cards for 11 years straight.  Fortunately, that long period of productivity allowed for some nice cards that deserve a second viewing.  Here is a card I made for the WeatherCat community back in 2015:

Hoping that you all can find a deeper meaning in this time of year.

Edouard

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: Recyclnig my 2015 Weather Christmas card.
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2023, 03:08:46 PM »
Thank you Edouard. Sorry for your loss and your medical challenges. But very grateful for another year of your excellent help and encouragement on the WC forum. Merry Christmas to you and to all WeatherCatters around the globe.
Blick

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2023, 05:46:04 PM »
Nothing wrong with being ecologically minded by re-using even electronic "cards"! [computer]  ThU5:-)

It's always a strong reminder of our mortality when we are grieving with a loss at this time of year. Fortunately, we also have a reminder that this birthday celebration is but the beginning of an endless time of joy.

I'm "home alone" myself, not counting our two cats [lol], since my wife is with our Grandkids and their Mother due to the death of their step-Father. He was diagnosed, quite late, with advanced stomach, esophageal and liver cancer. They were all been greatly blessed at a hospice facility in Kentucky.

Looking forward to SWMBO's return this week. Thankfully, the weather is cooperating by holding off snow and ice while everyone is traveling. [tup]
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Sorry for your loss. (Re: Recyclnig my 2015 Weather Christmas card.)
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2023, 11:00:17 PM »
Dear Blick, X-Air, and WeatherCat faithful,

. . .
I'm "home alone" myself, not counting our two cats [lol], since my wife is with our Grandkids and their Mother due to the death of their step-Father. He was diagnosed, quite late, with advanced stomach, esophageal and liver cancer. They were all been greatly blessed at a hospice facility in Kentucky.
. . . 

Sorry to hear about the loss in your family X-Air.  A neighbor lost her mother as well this December.  Death and disease doesn't take a holiday for Christmas.

. . . . Fortunately, we also have a reminder that this birthday celebration is but the beginning of an endless time of joy.

Regrettably, that does not really apply to the First Coming but only to the Second Coming.  The world in which we find ourselves doesn't make it very easy to "wait in joyful hope."  Satan is most definitely not vanquished yet, and until it is, there is still plenty of hard work to do.

Edouard

LesCimes

• Strong Breeze
    • CW9832
    • KGAGRACE1
    • Weather Underground
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2 on a MacMini (2009) Mac OS 10.11.6
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2023, 04:04:13 PM »
Am reluctant to add to the list of difficulties. No fun, you all. And I extend my prayers and empathy. Meanwhile, I spent Christmas Day in the ER and then couple of nights in the hospital. Learned I will have to have a kidney removed. Glad I got two.

May the New Year celebrations boost our morale and hope generously. Happy New Year to all.
Merwin

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2023, 08:08:44 PM »
Important Pre-Surgery Tip

Be sure to clearly mark both your front and back side with "Right" & "Left". Most surgeons are pretty competent as far as font/back, but some of them no longer wear a watch! [banghead] [coffee] ThU5:-)
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
So sorry about your health issues. (Re: 2015 Weather Christmas card.)
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2023, 11:21:46 PM »
Dear Merwin, X-Air, and WeatherCat faithful,

Am reluctant to add to the list of difficulties. No fun, you all. And I extend my prayers and empathy. Meanwhile, I spent Christmas Day in the ER and then couple of nights in the hospital. Learned I will have to have a kidney removed. Glad I got two.

Wow!  So sorry about your health issues.  The ER is never a fun place to be but especially on Christmas.  I'm sure it was a humbling experience in addition to the physical discomfort.

Be sure to clearly mark both your front and back side with "Right" & "Left". Most surgeons are pretty competent as far as font/back, but some of them no longer wear a watch!

Not to get too much off topic, but having had too many surgeries lately, I know too much about the protocols.  Doctors literally mark you up with a pen in much the same way that construction workers use the roads as a chalkboard.  It is definitely not reassuring to have the doctor marking up your surgery site with ink when supposedly all the information that the surgical team needs has been written down in advance. 

May the New Year celebrations boost our morale and hope generously. Happy New Year to all.

Indeed may the future be much brighter than what we are presently facing.

Edouard

LesCimes

• Strong Breeze
    • CW9832
    • KGAGRACE1
    • Weather Underground
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2 on a MacMini (2009) Mac OS 10.11.6
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2024, 10:11:12 PM »
Appreciate the input! And laughter is good medicine.