WeatherCat > WeatherCat General Discussion

Camera recommendations

(1/2) > >>

wx-watch:
At the moment I have a Raspberry Pi taking pictures and FTPing them to my Mac Mini for WeatherCat to use.

www.wx-watch.co.uk

This works well but it gets a lot of reflections from the window it is behind.

So I am after a wireless waterproof IP camera that allow pictures to be sent on a scheduled basis and not just when motion is detected.

Thanks

John

elagache:
Dear John and WeatherCat weather cinematographers,

--- Quote from: wx-watch on August 30, 2018, 07:50:07 AM ---. . . . .
So I am after a wireless waterproof IP camera that allow pictures to be sent on a scheduled basis and not just when motion is detected.

--- End quote ---

I still have an old USB webcam pointing out the window.  I have put a box around it to avoid the reflections problem, but I really should upgrade.  :-[

There are a number of folks around here with some nice outdoor camera setups.  Anyone willing to share their experiences?

Cheers, Edouard

Blicj11:
I'm using a Sharx camera and love it, but it's indoor through the window. They have an outdoor wireless camera but their website says is is currently out of stock. I suggest you call them and ask about a residential outdoor wireless and see what they tell you. They make great cameras but don't have the greatest website.

xairbusdriver:
I also use a Sharx camera (SCNC3924), wireless (or PoE), Infrared for night 'vision'. I don't use the 'motion' activation or sound functions. It is very reliable, highly programable and stable. The company is very cooperative and quick to answer questions. However, it is more expensive than most USB-only cameras.

BTW, many of us have banners below all our posts that will usually take you to our weather sites. My 'web cam' page is mid-southweather.com/webcam.html

wx-watch:
As a follow up to my own post I got one of these

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07147C7SW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My first idea was to FTP the picture to WeatherCat but this didn't work as the pictures had a different file name depending on the date and time.
A bit of googling and I find a way to link directly to the video stream on the camera.

http://192.168.1.XX/tmpfs/auto.jpg?usr=USERNAME&pwd=PASSWORD (just in case anyone is interested

Seems to work ok

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version