Author Topic: Winter down-under  (Read 3007 times)

HairyMcLeary

• Strong Breeze
    • DW5912
    • INORTHOT6
  • Station Details: LaCrosse WS2355, iMac 2.66 Ghz Core 2 Duo, 8 GB RAM, Mountain Lion
Winter down-under
« on: July 11, 2012, 02:32:04 AM »
I've been looking with envy at some of the US temperatures at the moment.

We have had some amazing Hoar Frosts down here this Winter, too dry for much in the way of snow so far, but this could change.

Hoar Frost in Alexandra / Suzy Blair
http://www.weatherwatch.co.nz/content/photos-10-your-best-winter-photos

Tony

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Thanks for the cool thoughts!! (Re: Winter down-under)
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 09:24:40 PM »
Howdy Tony and WeatherCat southern exposure types,

I've been looking with envy at some of the US temperatures at the moment.

;) Trade-ya!!   ;D

We have had some amazing Hoar Frosts down here this Winter, too dry for much in the way of snow so far, but this could change.

Thanks for the pretty photo!  I do enjoy a wintery scene when it is really hot and things around here are so bone dry.  I was making an early morning bike ride before it got too warm and the grass on the hills around here are really baked to a crisp.  I should lug my DSLR along and take a "compelling example" to "warm you up!!"  [sun2]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
A warm ya' up photo . . . (Re: Winter down-under)
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 11:24:52 PM »
Hi Tony and WeatherCat Southern Hemisphere types,

I forgot my DSLR again . . .  :-[, but I did have my iPhone with me this morning as I made my morning bicycle exercise routine.  Not blistering hot, but this photo does capture the California feel of very dry:

Yesterday the high was a toasty: 91˚ F (32.8˚ C) but today it plummeted to a high of only: 69˚ F (20.7˚ C).  The clouds in the photo are fog and marine layer burning off this morning.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]